Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2014 7:59:41 AM EDT
Seems like there are several different multitools out there made to work on AR platform guns but it's hard to tell what really works and what is just hype.  I figure there's probably no better source for experience with these tools than Arfcom so I'm asking.

What tools have you used and liked and/or disliked and why?  I assume the Leatherman MUT is probably the best all around multitool but I've not tried it.  Currently I keep a Leatherman Wave and a Gerber eFECT in my range bag for emergency repairs or adjustments and after a few incidents where I didn't have the right tools I've decided that I need a better choice of equipment.  

As I said I have the Gerber eFECT which has some good tools but there's not many to the whole thing.  The "Multitasker Series 3 Multitool" seems to be a really good option and it's made specifically to work on AR's so it has lots of goodies.  The CRKT/Crimson Trace Picatinny tool has some good tools plus a good looking knife blade and is made for folks with lasers (which I have).   I can't think of any others at the moment but after reading more reviews I'm starting to wonder if the Leatherman MUT or the Multitasked Series 3 Multitool is the best of the traditional style AR multitools.  I've never used either one but I own several other Leatherman tools and they are excellent quality but the Multitasker Series 3 brand has gotten a lot of really good reviews.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag, for wisdom upload.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Now I remember why we don't ask questions here.  Might as well lock it up.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now I remember why we don't ask questions here.  Might as well lock it up.
View Quote

Personally, I don't place any value on any maintenance tools.  I clean with simple wipes and CLP.  No carbon scraping, no nothing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought myself the MUT for Christmas this year and won't go back. It is an awesome tool... It's a Leatherman. Made in the USA and all the tools are replaceable and very affordable. Anyways, I recommend it for whatever that is worth.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top