Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2014 11:56:41 PM EDT
Anyone use it and if so what are your thoughts?

I have been BF CLP for years but the current Safarland version don't seem as good for for protection or lubrication as the old formula.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#1]
use rand in my 1911 and ar , works really good, and easy cleanup.  i like it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I've transitioned to it in all of my AR's and pistols with good results. I, like many others, have used BF CLP in the military for years. It seems to clean better than BF, and have lube properties similar to SLIP EWL. Definitely the best all around CLP that I have experience with.    
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used it and really liked it, but it doesn't do the best for long-term storage. It prevents rust, yes, VERY well, at that. However, it does become sticky/gooey. I have the same issue with Froglube. It's just a fact with organic CLP's, it seems. Of the organics, Rand is by far my favorite, though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have used it and really liked it, but it doesn't do the best for long-term storage. It prevents rust, yes, VERY well, at that. However, it does become sticky/gooey. I have the same issue with Froglube. It's just a fact with organic CLP's, it seems. Of the organics, Rand is by far my favorite, though.
View Quote

I had a simular experiance. Using Rand to clean and lube a Glock that was shot monthly it worked fine. Used to clean and lube a shotgun that went into storage for a few months it became sticky.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I just opened a rip it sample pack that is about 11 months old. Sticky out of the packaging. Looks like it has a short shelf life in the rip it packets.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top