Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2014 11:15:40 AM EDT
Folks,

There are many on the market. cheap, sub $20, to spendy +$70 WHich one?? I read the review, and there are positives and negative. Usually the negatives are that they don't fit the barrel nut, castle nut, etc.

I have an old wrench with the three hardened pins. Works fine, and have done several barrels with it. I would like to acquire a tool for all aps.

Suggestions please!! Thanks in advance.

Ripsaw
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#1]
dont go cheap if your going to barrel several uppers. i bought a cheap one years ago and the barrel nut part is pretty much useless after several upper builds. the rest of the tool works fine tho
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't really like those "all in one" armorers wrenches because they usually suck, I like to stick with dedicated tools because they usually work much better for their intended task.

That being said, most people are going to recommend the Gem State Armory wrench.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I borrowed a Gem state tool.  my only gripe was wow they could have chamfered the edges, nice crisp 90 degree cuts.  You don't the precision corners an the hand holds.  Easier to borrow my friends tool than invest at this time.  Don't see much need to remove the barrel from the upper too often,  I offered to file it for him - ...
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#4]
My Tapco Armorer's wrench served me well
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top