Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2014 3:58:25 PM EDT
I was in the shop today and saw this bottle of AC Delco Synthetic Gear Oil (Grape scented by the way) and wondered if anybody has ever used this to lube their AR?

You could really impress the people around you with the grape scent!  

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#1]

my lube is cinnamon scented.

I like grape too.

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, nothing screams "Operator" like grape scented lube
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
And just what's wrong with Hoppes?  Can't find a better scent than that.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This is a joke about all of the AR mystery lubes!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

There you go!

Love that Hoppes smell.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Any synthetic chassis grease is gtg, but do not use any with graphite. I get really amused at all the "snake oil" lubes for AR's. It seems almost daily there is a new post about some miracle lube.

Vince
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any synthetic chassis grease is gtg, but do not use any with graphite. I get really amused at all the "snake oil" lubes for AR's. It seems almost daily there is a new post about some miracle lube.

Vince
View Quote

Wheel bearing grease or motor oil if you just HAD to use oil... I like it simple.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:44:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Unicorn piss mixed with Sasquatch semen is the best!!
Seriously, there is no need for a "firearm specific" oil/grease. High temp lube. Period. No magic dust here. It gets hot, it needs lube. Mobile 1 10w30. $9/quart. Done.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:01:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was in the shop today and saw this bottle of AC Delco Synthetic Gear Oil (Grape scented by the way) and wondered if anybody has ever used this to lube their AR?

<a href="http://s64.photobucket.com/user/paulnmissy/media/image_zpsee2fb353.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h192/paulnmissy/image_zpsee2fb353.jpg</a>
View Quote

I'm really diggin the "CAUTION!" notice on the bottle (insert sarcasm).  I wonder how the grape scent would mix with the minty smell of my FrogLube?    I was just messing around bro to answer your question OP I haven't used the product you mentioned.  I personally stick with products/CLP's  designed specifically for AR's .  Edited to add content.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 7:49:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Once you find and capture Bigfoot, please tell us how you collect the sample.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on dude, you KNOW how he collects the sample, and I don't even want to think about industrial level supply issues.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm really diggin the "CAUTION!" notice on the bottle (insert sarcasm).  I wonder how the grape scent would mix with the minty smell of my FrogLube?    I was just messing around bro to answer your question OP I haven't used the product you mentioned.  I personally stick with products/CLP's  designed specifically for AR's .  Edited to add content.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s64.photobucket.com/user/paulnmissy/media/image_zpsee2fb353.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h192/paulnmissy/image_zpsee2fb353.jpg</a>

I use CLP as well.  This thread is a joke about all the mystery lubes out there!  Please don't ban me!
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I use CLP as well.  This thread is a joke about all the mystery lubes out there!  Please don't ban me!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all good, I'm trackin brother.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#14]
The caution is damn funny though. Everything's screaming "don't use me in your AR!" LOL
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top