Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2017 9:05:42 AM EDT
So I built my first AR .556 with Anderson lower, Voodoo Innovations lower parts kit with the lifecoat, I got a Radical firearms complete upper 16" Socom cut barrel. Anderson BCG. Now with that out of the way I am posting to hopefully help someone with the same issues. I tried two different magazines, I tried .556, .223 different brands. About 90 rounds total and couldn't get the gun to load a second round. I had to manual charge a new round after the first round was fired every time. So I took a weight out of the buffer, bought a new lower weight buffer spring and still would not function properly. Well last night I was fed up with the whole thing and figured maybe I hadn't lubed the bcg enough. I had already taken the entire rifle apart and cleaned and lubed multiple times. I slathered the bcg with hoppes gun grease. I do mean slathered. I loaded 4 rounds of .556 and am happy to report that the gun fired all 4 rounds no problem and locked open on an empty magazine. So for anyone having short stroking issues start with loading the bcg up with some grease or oil. I should also say I verified my gas tube and block were not block and properly lined up. Hope this helps and happy shooting! Of couse disclaimer: Always point muzzle in safe direction, only work on unloaded guns, finger off the trigger at all times, double check your gun is unloaded.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I know you said its fixed but you shouldn't have to lather a bunch of grease on the bcg to make it cycle properly. Some things I would check just to make sure; check your gas block, make sure it  isn't leaking any gas from underneath. If it is, you'll see a brown/rusty looking residue on the barrel. Also check you gas tube roll pin and make sure its snug and not leaking from there. Slap some thread locker on your gas block to make sure it stays put. When the gas block heats up and cools down it can move while firing and can throw the alignment off. Just a couple things I would check as well.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top