Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2017 1:15:31 AM EDT
Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help me out.. Or provide some thoughts on an issue that i am having with my Norinco cq-a AR15 rifle.

(There was a potential time when ar15s might be made illegal in canada so i bought a less expensive 1 in case that happened)

Okay, here is my problem.

1. If i turn the safety from semi to safe then back to semi.. Round loaded in the chamber and pull the trigger it clicks but no shot fires.

If i cycle the action a few times and and open and close the upper/lower it generally starts working as normal again. But if i flip the safety on/off then it goes back to not firing.

Another thing to note:

If i load a round into the chamber. Then set the safety.. I can shoot the round by pulling the trigger.. Even scarier was that when i found that out it shot off 3 shots in a row on 1 trigger pull even through this ISN'T a fully auto rifle.

This seems really wrong. Basically if you load a round and then set the safety you can fire it. If you dont load a round and have the safety on you can not pull the trigger(it is locked).

Im no expert, but shouldnt the safety still work even if there is a load in the chamber?

My question that i am seeking help or suggestion on is about the problem where i flip the safety on, then off and the gun clicks.. But no bullet shoots out. Then i have the cycle it many many times again to get it shooting again.

The gun works great when it works. It just really makes me see the safety on it as useless and something that i should just never use.

Your help to get this working as it should would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:39:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Your trigger and sear engagement are fucked. My chinesium M14 was the same. I fixed it by putting in US parts. Might be your only option here as well.

Marstar used to have AR15 triggers, or you could slap in a geisselle
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:52:57 AM EDT
[#2]
A pic would help.  We'd love to see the guts of a Chinese AR.  Just pop the whole upper off & take some pics.

Are any of the FCS bits plastic?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top