Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2017 7:55:17 AM EDT
my 300 BLK out will shoot factory rounds all day, my reloads will not cycle, the bolt does not seat all the way. I have checked and rechecked the loads with my micrometer. I am about ready to pull out the rest of my hair.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a slotted Sheridan gauge and it will show you exactly where your reloads are put of spec.  Most common places would be a bulge at the base of the case or the shoulder not bumped back far enough.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you check the thickness of your brass?
Certain types are too thick if it is conversion brass.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 1:50:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get a slotted Sheridan gauge and it will show you exactly where your reloads are put of spec.  Most common places would be a bulge at the base of the case or the shoulder not bumped back far enough.
View Quote
yes, touchy set up
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the case gauge and all the cases fit, I don't have the slotted Sheridan gauge. I also reloaded the factory rounds and get the same results.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the case gauge and all the cases fit, I don't have the slotted Sheridan gauge. I also reloaded the factory rounds and get the same results.
View Quote
How about some details on your load.  Bullet? Powder? Charge weight? OAL?, Trim length of the brass?  Etc, the more detail the better.

Also might as well go over the components and setup of your rifle too.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I will post info as soon as I can.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top