User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2017 11:40:16 AM EDT
I am running a .22 nosler I was told it was a stoner bolt an carrier,
stoner barrel, spikes upper.
with the gun unloaded you can pull the charge handle and all works fine,
if you pull the trigger and the try to pull the charge handle it takes two hands to charge the rifle,
you can then pull the handle with ease all day long till you drop the hammer,
it is this way on any lower I have tried,
I have disassembled and cleaned every nook and cranny lubed and un lubed, inspected all parts
and for the life of me I cant find a problem.
Please help!!!!!!
By the way the gun functions properly during live fire,
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Try a different BCG and FCG to narrow down the problem.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Ill give that a shot tonight
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok if anyone is interested, after some trial and error parts swapping
I have solved my problem, would you believe it was the firing pin
Cant tell what the problem is but I think the tip is a little tite
it is not bent or have any burs, jyst seems a little tite.
Installed a new pin and problem solved.
thanks
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:42:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Could be that you are looking at a simple break-in problem, or a tolerance stacking problem.

Could be that the bolt is not completely locking up (until the trigger is pulled).  When the hammer hits the firing pin, it pushes the bolt forward, rotating it to full lock up.

Pulling back on the charging handle, for some reason the cam pin is not being rotated by contact in the opening in the bolt carrier body, so the bolt is not being rotated to unlock.

All parts are manufactured with tolerances.  It's possible that by chance you have a collection of parts that are not compatible in your Upper Receiver (meaning the cam pin, bolt carrier body, bolt, and firing pin).  As you have noticed, swapping the firing pin allows the parts to work together.

While the last straw was the firing pin, there is probably also a manufacturing tolerance problem with a part in the bolt carrier assembly and/or possibily the Upper Receiver.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Good point I will do some comparisons
And check into the problem further
Thanks
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top