Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2017 9:13:03 PM EDT
I am doing my second AR build. I am having trouble with the safety staying up it  seems  loose where the Pin goes in the Latch.  It is loose to drop to fire.  Sometimes falling on its own.   I am going to try a new safety latch maybe this one was milled incorrectly .  Has any one else had this problem. Or has any  suggestions that I may try? I am kind of puzzled with this one.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]
You sure the hole on the grip isn't drilled to deep.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Make sure you have the correct spring under the detent pin. Normally, the opposite occurs and the safety is too stiff. You likely either have the wrong spring or detent in there rather than a milling problem on the safety itself, but if you think the safety is the problem,  you can pull one from another AR and compare.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I second checking the detent spring pocket in the grip.

I purchased an "A2" grip to test compared to the Magpul the rifle came with. After install of the A2 grip the safety was "silent" on operation. It wasn't super loose, it seemed to stay in place, but if the pocket was a bit deeper, the safety lever would certainly flop around.

Comparing the two grips off the rifle, it was very easy to see the difference in how far the spring sat in the grip.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:39:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the info. I tried both safeties and it was the same .  I further did some checking and the hole that spring and the pin goes in was not drilled deep enough to let the pin go deeper into the safety. I Carefully drilled the hole out a little deeper and it works fine now. I guess the QC missed that one before it was shipped out. It's working fine now.  Again thanks for the info,great help.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top