Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 9:13:41 AM EDT
I purchased two (2) brand new retro Colt M16 Selector switches to replace 2 Selectors that were not retro or proper for my two retro rifles. To sanitize them, I took my dremel tool and removed the middle part of the Selector in case my rifle was ever inspected. Just playing it safe since it's not NFA. Here is what I noticed at the range since I was shooting:

1. When rifle was charged and bolt was home, hammer cocked, I could engage Selector to SAFE as normal.
2. When magazine was empty and bolt locked to the rear, I could only engage Selector to almost SAFE position? Letting bolt go home and Selector would automatically go into the SAFE position.

I opened up rifle and inspected. All looked good. Broke open I could engage Selector easily to SAFE position. If I pushed down on hammer (like having bolt locked to the rear) with my thumb the Selector would not go completely to SAFE. Let up the pressure on hammer and it would go to SAFE?

So, is there something else I need to remove on the Selector other than I already did? I can disassemble another retro rifle that I had this procedure done to in the past and basically reverse engineer it. But thought maybe someone here would know right off the bat what else I need to do before I have 3 rifle lowers tore apart. I'm currently using a M16 trigger and AR15 disconnect. My other retro rifles that I had someone else do this procedure for do not replicate what I'm running into. So there is something else I need to do........ what is it? Thx!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Problem solved and back to normal functioning. Thx for the guidance.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top