Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2016 4:44:21 PM EDT
Just shot a franken rifle for the first time today. It has an Anderson upper and lower (anderson parts kit), Spinta Precision 1/8 twist .223 wylde mid length gas 18" barrel, Aim Surplus BCG, H buffer. Shot factory ammo mostly and most of it fired however out of around 50 rounds two had light primer strikes. the first one i rechambered and it shot fine. The second one would not fire. Even after about 5 attempts. bolt consistently locked to the rear and cycled fine. Pictures are of reloads however it did the same thing with Federal bulk ammo. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry about that. Hopefully i fixed the problem.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]
From the pics, your bullet is engraving on something inside the chamber.  It shouldn't be doing that, and even an excessively short leade would be showing engraving stria from the rifling, not complete rings like that.  A chamber cast or borescope inspection is needed, or just send the barrel back and let the manufacturer fix their mistake.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Possible success!. Tried cleaning it and it didn't improve anything. Decided to load a bullet in a case with no primer as long as i could. loaded it to 2.320 and could barely get the magazine into the gun. it would still chamber and the scratch would be further up on the bullet however i could see rifling marks on the tip of the bullet so it couldn't be that the throat was too short. CAREFULLY polished the throat using a brush too big for the barrel and too small for the chamber and wrapping it in a cleaning cloth. cleaned out the polish and tried again. Now i have little to no mark. i will know for sure when i go to the range next Tuesday. Thank you guys for the help!
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 2:03:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#7]
once again thank you for your help! I will give a range report after I take the rifle out again this Tuesday. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well!
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#8]
FINAL UPDATE: took it to the range today. Shot about 75 rounds without a single hang up. Looks like the barrel is fixed! Once again thank you guys for your help.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top