Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2016 3:38:41 PM EDT
Aero precision build with cmc trigger and a 223 wylde barrel.

I built it about a year ago and it has been a tack driver and worked like a charm. Couple hundred rounds through it, suppressed and un suppressed.

Recently, it will fire the first round, eject it, load the second round, and then click light primer strike. I manually cycle it, boom, click, repeat.

I swapped out lowers and the upper runs fine.

However, even with another upper the lower does the same thing.

Is it my trigger or my buffer tube spring? Please help!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
its something in the fire control group ... maybe a spring broke or is worn or you could have a hammer spring installed wrong . I would also check the trigger pins and make sure one didn't crack or break
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Kinda sounds like the carrier isn't closing all the way.  Can you shoot a round, tap the forward assist and then fire again?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

its something in the fire control group ... maybe a spring broke or is worn or you could have a hammer spring installed wrong . I would also check the trigger pins and make sure one didn't crack or break
View Quote
CMC trigger which is enclosed in a metal case from the manufacturer. I will take it out and try another trigger. Sucks because it was expensive.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Kinda sounds like the carrier isn't closing all the way.  Can you shoot a round, tap the forward assist and then fire again?
View Quote
I don't like forward assists so this rifle doesn't have one. Could this be from a weak buffer tube spring?

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:47:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't like forward assists so this rifle doesn't have one. Could this be from a weak buffer tube spring?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe. If the FP is at the short end of the tolerance range, and the action spring at the weak end of the tolerance range. Easiest/cheapest way to determine is to change parts. And along the way, a thorough cleaning/lube might be a good idea.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Possibly, it could also be slightly under gassed. Is it locking open on the last round?

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Is the trigger group completely enclosed, or just partially encapsulated?  The only thing I can think of, is something is slowing down the hammer.  Maybe a primer or other debris got in there somehow.

I would also check the recoil spring and buffer.  Make sure neither is broken or damaged.  

If it has some kind of dorky bolt release lever, make sure you are not actuating it, or maybe it is actuating itself during firing, causing a drag on the carrier during cycling.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Possibly, it could also be slightly under gassed. Is it locking open on the last round?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

To be honest I don't know if it is locking open. I don't think it is under gassed. I put the upper on a different lower and no problems.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Is the trigger group completely enclosed, or just partially encapsulated?  The only thing I can think of, is something is slowing down the hammer.  Maybe a primer or other debris got in there somehow.

I would also check the recoil spring and buffer.  Make sure neither is broken or damaged.  

If it has some kind of dorky bolt release lever, make sure you are not actuating it, or maybe it is actuating itself during firing, causing a drag on the carrier during cycling.
View Quote
It is a CMC, so only partially enclosed.http://www.cmctriggers.com/products/standard-triggers/standard-trigger-curved/

I think I am going to replace the buffer spring assembly and see what happens.

Next I will pull the trigger and put back in the milspec one. The trigger may be going back to CMC.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top