Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2016 10:41:30 AM EDT
Is anyone else having some wiggle (up down side to side) with the stock even with the friction lock in place?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is anyone else having some wiggle (up down side to side) with the stock even with the friction lock in place?
View Quote

All three of mine lock up really tight.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you using a commercial size stock on a mil-spec buffer tube?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
nope im using a Mil spec stock on mil spec tube. I could measure the tube just to be sure, but when i put the friction lock into the lock position it just doesn't seem to pinch hard enough.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nope im using a Mil spec stock on mil spec tube. I could measure the tube just to be sure, but when i put the friction lock into the lock position it just doesn't seem to pinch hard enough.
View Quote

Mine does the same thing, even with several different, quality name brand buffer tubes.

I replaced the STR with a Daniel Defense stock, and even it has a little movement, but not quite as bad as the STR. I don't think you'll find any collapsible stock that has absolutely zero movement.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Mine does the same thing, even with several different, quality name brand buffer tubes.

I replaced the STR with a Daniel Defense stock, and even it has a little movement, but not quite as bad as the STR. I don't think you'll find any collapsible stock that has absolutely zero movement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*cough* UBR *cough*
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:01:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a CTR that was decent at first, but it didn't take long for the friction lock to lose all effectiveness. I switched to the MFT Minimalist, and it fought me on initial install but locks up wiggle free.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:01:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I have found a simple cheap solution for this issue.  Get some adhesive backed velcro.  Use the loop side.  Stick a 1-2" strip on the top of your buffer tube and reinstall your stock.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Alright thanks I will try that out!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top