Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2016 2:42:40 PM EDT
Hello I'm a new user to AR rifles. I recently picked up a new FN15 MOE SLG edition. I overlooked a bit of detail that has now got me a little concerned.

On the bolt release side of both receivers, there is a raised "column" where the mag release is inserted into. The "column" on the upper receiver is wider than the one on the lower receiver. They look like a mismatched pair. Should I be concerned about this? I really would like to have it replaced if its at all possible by FN.. I'm concerned about this because it doesn't look like a properly made complete rifle to me.

Wanted to get some commentary on this matter.

Please see my picture with arrows below. Thank you in advance.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
It's normal
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
It's nothing to worry about. Your rifle should work just fine.

Many different rifles from many manufacturers do not match up perfectly and have no problems.

If it still bothers you after a couple thousand rounds, throw it down the driveway a few times and you wont even notice anymore.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Most WON'T line up unless you buy a matched set (and even then it's usually only high dollar billet sets). Ironically the only forged set I have is an el cheapo Anderson lower with an upper of unknown origins
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Totally normal. other side of the receiver doesn't match either fyi
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you all for the responses. I knew it wasn't going to affect how it functions & performs. It just bugs me because it doesn't look neatly put together (at least to me). Oh well I guess. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 2:11:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Normal and annoying.  I've been able to find mismatched uppers and lowers that align perfectly.  Both from different manufacturers.  It's gets worse.  Most of the time the anodizing shade/color/texture is off even from the same manufacturer.

Bottom line is.  Accept it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I have seen it on complete DD and BCM rifles. No big deal
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#9]
That is totally unacceptable, send the upper to me and I well dispose of it in a environmentally friendly way.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top