[#3]
answers to the questions
no gas leaking at FSB
parts were well lubed with rem-oil
barrel is 20"
all parts were well cleaned before assebbly
barrel looks to be indexed properly
buffer goes all the way in the tube. screw is not sticking out
I was using 62 grain M855 to test the gun.and tried some 55's too. I will be using 69's when I load for it.

I went over the rifle and parts and I now think its the coating on the BCG. I found metal flakes in the barrel extension and in the BCG when I pulled it apart. also the gas rings seem to drag (think gravel road) when the bolt is inserted into the carrier. I might hone this area.
head space passes on the yes or no gauge

fired cases look good. clean with no chamber marks or rings. the primers are not as flat as with my other rifle but this one has the wylde chamber. there is 2 scratches on the case neck caused by the lugs/feed ramp on the extension
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
some updates

put in a different BCG and rifle runs fine (5 shots)
put the new BCG back in and it short strokes but better than before. now it will cycle but not lock open
no gas leak at the key
spent alot of time working on the gas ring area of the carrier and got it to where the bolt moves smoothly
I guess the nickle boron coating has added some problems with clearance.
hopefully it will wear in.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
answers to the questions
snip

I went over the rifle and parts and I now think its the coating on the BCG. I found metal flakes in the barrel extension and in the BCG when I pulled it apart.
View Quote

If you have nickel flakes coming off, send the BCG back.  Once flaking starts, it will NOT get better, it will get worse!  
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
some updates

put the new BCG back in and it short strokes but better than before. now it will cycle but not lock open
no gas leak at the key
spent alot of time working on the gas ring area of the carrier and got it to where the bolt moves smoothly
View Quote

I had the same issue you describe.....awhile back, verified the gas block placement, verified the ammo and the rifle was short stroking, replace the BCG and it ran fine............sent the bolt carrier group back for a refund.........done
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I had the same issue you describe.....awhile back, verified the gas block placement, verified the ammo and the rifle was short stroking, replace the BCG and it ran fine............sent the bolt carrier group back for a refund.........done
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
some updates

no gas leak at the key

Update: I got a replacement BCG and the gun runs perfectly.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top