Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2015 9:01:25 PM EDT
I will start by saying I am not an expert by any means when it comes to AR's. I appeciate any help in advance. I was using a lower today that I have had for ages. The only modification to it is a wolf hammer spring. I shot ten rounds with no problem and then the trigger stopped working. I cycled another round with the same effect. My trigger only seems to reset now if I move the try to shift the safety lever. What do I need to do to fix this?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
did a primer pop and jam up the trigger?

maybe something is in there, open it up and look around, maybe blow some compressed air in to see if something is in there

did one of the pins slide out?

take a good picture of the area and post it, someone may see what the problem is
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked at all the cases to inspect primer first thing. I didn't blow a primer and I don't see anything jamming it up. I will get a picture shortly.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow! Thank you for the info. I guess I have a project in the morning. It wouldn't surprise me about gunk. I have used this lower on a 5.45x39 upper shooting tons of surplus rounds. I have a lower spare parts kit and will just swap all of the springs while I am at it. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Dano,

Thanks again for the help. I had a small piece of plastic looking gunk that had jammed it. All is well now :)
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top