Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2015 1:51:38 PM EDT
The Bolt is getting stuck in the BCG after about 60 rounds causing misfeed, it won't slide smoothly, it's hard to rack the bolt when this happens (from full battery) , but when working the bolt in the bcg by sliding it in and out and cleaning it, the bcg will slide and smooth again, what is causing it to get stuck? what do I need to do? why does it keep on getting stuck only after about 60 rounds, the Bolt and BCG is Nickel Boron coated made by fail zero, it is smooth and mirror finish inside of the BCG where the Bolt slides in and out when clean, I have tried both shooting it by oiling heavily the gas rings and also lightly oiling it and it does the same thing, I will appreciate any help or suggestion, thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Gas rings broken? Coming off?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Gas rings are in perfect condition, just wondering why it starts to getting stuck after just around 60 rounds, the rifle design being a Milspec should at least last a few hundred rounds or 1k rounds before dirt becomes a problem?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Put the bolt in the carrier and adjust it till you can see the gas rings in the ports on the side of the carrier. Put a couple drops of oil in each hole then go shoot some rounds through it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]
So it needs to be oiled then, I thought at first the oiling of the gas rings is the cause of it being stuck (oil getting burnt due to hot gas)
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Bolt rings are like the rings on a piston. Need oil to run.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top