Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2015 8:36:39 AM EDT
Was function testing my most recent  M4 clone...finally, and had about 4 light primer strikes out of about 25-30 rounds. Was using a mix of commercial, surplus Federal M193, and the BECK Ammo version of the Mk262 77 grain rounds. Beck were no problem, but the commercial and surplus gave me the light strikes. Reloaded them into the mag afterwards and they all fired.

I'm using the ALG ACT with JP yellow springs. Have read that this may occur sometimes with this spring/trigger combo. Anyone else have this issue. I really like the break on the trigger. Particularly after installing the JoeBobs adjustable grip screw. Would hate to have to change the feel of it. Any suggestions?
Full Power hammer spring?
Bob the hammer?
The rifle will be used as a go to gun for defense if ever needed, so I want the reliability, and the same time I'd like to strike a balance and keep the best trigger pull for accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Full power spring, also make sure you didn't install the hammer spring backward. It's easy to do if your not paying attention, it will give you a nice trigger pull, with intermitent light strikes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Full power spring, also make sure you didn't install the hammer spring backward. It's easy to do if your not paying attention, it will give you a nice trigger pull, with intermitent light strikes.
View Quote

Will check that when I get home today. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:39:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want reliable ignition, then I would suggest using a heaver set of springs.  The JP Rifles yellow springs have a warning on the package that says something to effect of, Not to be used for Law Enforcement or Military Applications, May cause ignition failures with some types of low sensitivity primers.  J{ Rifles build nice gear, and we like their springs.  We will put JP Rifles Service Rifle Springs in rifles where we want some weight reduction, but still need reliable ignition.      

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
SLR15 Rifles
TheDefensiveEdge.com
(763) 712-0123
View Quote

I will be switching out the spring and retesting the rifle coming up. I was the first range day for the build, so I expected some kinks in it. It will serve as my primary goto rifle, so I most definitely want the reliability from it.

Thanks for all the info gents.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top