Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2015 2:22:10 PM EDT
I have a couple of 20" PSA builds(one CHF and one standard barrel)and sometimes I've been having problems getting the bolt to chamber a round after a mag change. It only happens when I have the bolt locked back and 27+ rounds in the mag. It act like the bolt doesn't have enough power to strip the round and will either push it forward a bit then ride over the top of the casing or push it forward halfway and stop, in which case tapping the FA will get it to chamber. The guns work:

1. during normal firing the guns are 100%

2. If the bolt is forward and I use the CH to cycle the gun it works all the time

3. If the bolt is locked back and I use the CH to release the bolt stop it chambers fine.

4. If I have less than 27 rounds in the mag it works fine.

Both guns have right under 200rds through them so could this just be that the guns are a little stiff and need to be shot a bit more? I run my ARs wet so lack of lube is not the problem, maybe I'm using too much lube for the guns being new?

At first I noticed the problem with the cheaper kit and thought it was due to the feedramps being rough, but my CHF rifle does it a little bit also and the feedramps are perfect.

I also have tried numerous mags to rule them out and it's not a mag issue.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Question, based on assumptions on my part

When the bolt is locked back, does the bolt catch engage the front of the bolt or the bolt carrier?

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Question, based on assumptions on my part

When the bolt is locked back, does the bolt catch engage the front of the bolt or the bolt carrier?

View Quote

it engages the front of the bolt.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top