Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2015 10:41:44 AM EDT
So, I purchased a Mega billet lower of the local Virginia gun trader. The seller already had assembled the lower but didn't connect the ambi bolt release.  The lever is located right above the magazine release.  I have seen this setup on other ambi billet lowers as well. The normal bolt catch works properly.  I think it is just missing a spring and detent (2?) between the normal positioned catch and the ambi side on the right.

My question is, what do I need to fix it?  Are the spring and detent special snowflakes?  Where can I purchase them or what should I search for?  My google-fu hasn't come through for me this time. I feel like the selector detent and spring would be the correct size, but I am not positive.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Those come assembled from Mega. Unless he took it apart and messed with it (which is where I'd put my money) then it was Mega's mistake. Call them to see if you can get parts.

Disregard, the plunger is shipped in a bag. I forgot I had to install the conventional bolt catches in my receivers. It's the silver pin shown in the plastic bag. The screw with it is for upper/lower slop tension.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#3]
So, what do you think is my best option?  I don't see then offered separately from Mega. The tension screw is in there and so is the release button. Only thing missing is the plunger?  Should I just write Mega an email?

Got a better pic of that instruction sheet?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, what do you think is my best option?  I don't see then offered separately from Mega. The tension screw is in there and so is the release button. Only thing missing is the plunger?  Should I just write Mega an email?

Got a better pic of that instruction sheet?
View Quote

That pic was pulled off the web but i may have another. The button should also have a small spring and set screw at minimum. Mega is one of the best CS companies out there. An email or call will probably get you what you need.

Here is a thread I started.  The pic has their phone number but doesn't show all the instructions.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/232225_Mega_Ambi_lower_and_PSA_lower_parts_kit_question.html
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool man. Thanks for the help. I will call on Monday.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top