Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2015 12:54:47 AM EDT
I have 2 lowers with an Anvil Arms LPK's. They run just fine with 5.56/300 blk uppers but with a 22 or 9mm it is malfunctioning and I am getting more than one shot with a pull of trigger occasionally. I have tried pulling the trigger different ways from a slow soft pull to yanking the trigger and I can not duplicate the malfunction.

I think the hammer is bouncing off the disconnect cause the malfunction. But I have no way of testing my theory. Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced anything similar. Is there any way that I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks
MAHA

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:15:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For starters, what is the free gap distance between the disco sear tip and the back hammer sear when you cock the hammer past the sear with the trigger untouched?
The gap should only be that around .001" to .003" (thickness of a piece of paper alone), and it it greater than this, the disco may need to be re-timed.
http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Dbl00buck/photo_zps19973f37.jpg
On the 9mm, is the bolt extended ramped, and just not cocking the hammer back far enough for the disco to catch it?  is the problem that the hammer tail is slamming so hard off the trigger/disc tail, that the disco can not recover quick enough from the heavy blow to catch the hammer instead (will be tell tail signs of denting on the tail of the trigger/disco tail)?, or is the free gap too great on between the back hammer sear/disco sear, and with the blow back action of the 9mm, could be that the disco  free gap is too great, with not enough tension on the hammer held back by the disco, and the impact of the bolt slamming at loading is dancing the hammer off the disco while the trigger is still being held back.
With the 22LR adapter, may need to switch out to a weaker tension hammer spring/stronger ammo, or may need to polish the bearing areas on the adapter so is not short stroking.
Note, the 2LR adapter is a wild card in this mix, so its problem, can be totally different that the 9mm problem.  With the 22lr kit, the adapter bolt can short stoke, and still cleanly strip and charge a round out of the mag.
View Quote

I will measure the Hammer/Disco Gap this afternoon.

9mm Is ramped, using 2 CMMG Bolts.  I think the hammer tail is bouncing off the Disco.  I can see marks on the tops of the disco, that are could be caused by the hammer tail.  22lr Kits runs with issues other then the malfunction mentioned in OP.  I think it is doing the same thing.  This is happening on 2 different lowerss the only common theme is the Anvil Arms parts kit.

Solution would be to shorten the hammer tail to correct the bouncing issue?

MAHA
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top