Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2014 6:34:04 PM EDT
Hi, looking Input on an issue I'm having with my new diamondback AR style pistol DB 15 w/ 7.5 barrel... The first ever 80 rounds fired flawlessly, then I would get a non-fire live round jam where the trigger did not cock but a live round was loaded into the chamber, but the weird part was that I could not cycle the Bolt, it was jammed forward... Eventually had to go through the magazine well with a large screwdriver and pry open the bolt, then i would cycle the gun ad it would then operate fine for 10 or 15 rounds and then jammed again... This happened twice before I went home.

I was using new factory Federal bass ammo. The gun had a light coating of oil on inside before firing. After range issue, I examined the inside of the chamber/bolt and the lugs looked new. I did see some brass flakes though.

Anyone see anything like this or have any ideas on what could it be, is it just the gun is new and needs to be broken in? Or something else? Steve
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a blown primer crushed in your bolt carrier or barrel extension.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:17:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Hi, looking Input on an issue I'm having with my new diamondback AR style pistol DB 15 w/ 7.5 barrel... The first ever 80 rounds fired flawlessly, then I would get a non-fire live round jam where the trigger did not cock but a live round was loaded into the chamber, but the weird part was that I could not cycle the Bolt, it was jammed forward... Eventually had to go through the magazine well with a large screwdriver and pry open the bolt, then i would cycle the gun ad it would then operate fine for 10 or 15 rounds and then jammed again... This happened twice before I went home.

I was using new factory Federal bass ammo. The gun had a light coating of oil on inside before firing. After range issue, I examined the inside of the chamber/bolt and the lugs looked new. I did see some brass flakes though.

Anyone see anything like this or have any ideas on what could it be, is it just the gun is new and needs to be broken in? Or something else? Steve

View Quote
Take it back.  Something very bad can happen.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Here are 2 photos if that helps.... Steve

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
those flakes are not normal, neither are your issues. I'm telling you to take it back, have them fix it.  I think the issue is with the lower, possibly the disco.. the flakes and the jamming may be related, but im not sure.  You didn't build this thing, you should not have to fix it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
those flakes are not normal, neither are your issues. I'm telling you to take it back, have them fix it.  I think the issue is with the lower, possibly the disco.. the flakes and the jamming may be related, but im not sure.  You didn't build this thing, you should not have to fix it.
View Quote

At this point I cannot think of what else to do but send it back...Steve
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Are the lugs scraping the brass off the cases? Looks like a lot of crap peppered in there. Send it back
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Slipped gas ring on bolt?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that brass?  Almost looks like partially burned powder.  Have had a similar residue in my 300blk when i was playing around with some subsonic load development.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, it is brass in the photos... Steve
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes, it is brass in the photos... Steve
View Quote

Something is definitely wrong if it is shaving that much brass.  What do the empty cases look like?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok.  If you shoot it before you send it back, and it jams again, pull both take down pins.  No reason to go through the mag well with a live round in the chamber.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ok.  If you shoot it before you send it back, and it jams again, pull both take down pins.  No reason to go through the mag well with a live round in the chamber.
View Quote

nylon little hammer side opposite of charging handle release. one hand using hammer other hand working the release lever, no need to pry on critical components.

couple taps and they usually loosen right up.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

nylon little hammer side opposite of charging handle release. one hand using hammer other hand working the release lever, no need to pry on critical components.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or 'morter' it.

Keep it pointed in a safe direction.

Pull back on the charging handle.

Drive the buttstock into the ground/hit it on a table with some padding.

IIRC this is the official .mil way to extract a stuck round/case.

Google it.

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top