Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 12:36:03 PM EDT
Just wanted to notify everyone that the magazine well on my Carbon 15 lower was miscut from the factory. If you have encountered failure to feed with your Carbon 15, you may have a defect and need to contact Bushmaster for a replacement lower. Feel free to read part of my correspondence with Bushmaster below. In summary,

-

I took my new Carbon 15 out to the range for the first time and encountered feeding issues right off the bat. I tried three different brand magazines (1 steel Bushmaster, 1 steel Brownells and 1 plastic Pro Mag) and encountered the same feeding problem with all three.

What I believe the problem to be is this: the magazine loading block is miscut. None of these 30-round mags seated snugly in the magazine well. Even when fully seated, they rocked forward and backward, which changed the angle of the ammo resulting in failure to feed.

Serial#: CBC******

-

Hope this information is of help to someone out there.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]
No offense intended but I doubt you need to tell anyone on this site that Carbon-15's are crap
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No offense intended but I doubt you need to tell anyone on this site that Carbon-15's are crap
View Quote

Yeah color me surprised

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I know in my time with Bushmaster I personally saw a few come back for warranty/repair/replacement.  I think the carbons are a trade-off, you definitely lose reliability for the weight savings.  Which, let's be honest, is pretty unacceptable for a firearm.

That being said, the quality control was very high at the plant, no one there was intentionally letting anything out the door that was less than perfect.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:40:01 AM EDT
[#5]
wow no test fire at bm.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the comment JW_Desert. For any inquiring minds out there, Bushmaster returned my C15 with a brand new lower on it. I took it out and it fed at least 100 rounds with no hiccups using the same magazines as I had tried before. I noticed all 3 mags snapped right into place and didn't budge so that confirmed the problem.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top