Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2017 9:44:21 AM EDT
Has anyone seen these yet? Very intriguing getting into a raptor for 30 bucks less - I may be upgrading a few rifles now.
Radian Raptor LT Charging Handles
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:06:53 AM EDT
[#1]
What's this, about the 3rd corporate name change for the Raptor?  No matter as long as the product remains superior.  Good price if the quality is still there.  I have a couple of them and like 'em better than my one BCM charging handle.  YMMV
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! Looks nice.

I wonder what it weighs? Didn't see it anywhere.

OP has grey and FDE for 48.99
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the colors will be shipping Aug. 1  Black is avail now.

So the Raptor is just 7075 with milspec anodized.  

Here is a description of the LT....

the Raptor-LT handles are machined from 7075 aluminum, MILSPEC Type III hard anodized, then over-molded with high-strength, fiberglass reinforced polymer for the ultimate combination of strength, weight, and durability.

So why $30 cheaper for the same 7070, milspec anodized PLUS over-molded fiberglass reinforced polymer????

Hey - limited lifetime warranty.  Yeah - I'll be in for a couple of these.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Free shipping and brownells always has coupon codes.  LDD gets you $10 off 2 of these.  M5Q is $20 off 4.  M7D is $35 off 6.  Thanks, OP.

I just happen to have an AR in FDE and one in magpul grey that I've been looking for charging handles for.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I'll bite on one in FDE
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I would take the original Mecharmor ambi over the Radian handle for less $$.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got the shipping notice on the ones I ordered.
Black and grey are showing in stock.  FDE is showing pre-order.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a thread about these in the new products section, these new ones weight .1oz less.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:06:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like the colors will be shipping Aug. 1  Black is avail now.

So the Raptor is just 7075 with milspec anodized.  

Here is a description of the LT....

the Raptor-LT handles are machined from 7075 aluminum, MILSPEC Type III hard anodized, then over-molded with high-strength, fiberglass reinforced polymer for the ultimate combination of strength, weight, and durability.

So why $30 cheaper for the same 7070, milspec anodized PLUS over-molded fiberglass reinforced polymer????

Hey - limited lifetime warranty.  Yeah - I'll be in for a couple of these.
View Quote
I'm sure the 7075 handles (on the LT) are smaller, to make room for the overmolding (to keep to same dimensions). So it will be slightly less 7075 and the overmold handles don't have to be machined (serrations will be molded). Cheaper, yes. Weight savings almost immeasurable.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top