Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2017 8:48:54 PM EDT
Looking to build off of an 80% lower, wondering what manufacturers have the best bang for your buck? I'm most worried about weight in all honesty, having a light,sturdy rifle is very nice :3
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking to build off of an 80% lower, wondering what manufacturers have the best bang for your buck? I'm most worried about weight in all honesty, having a light,sturdy rifle is very nice :3
View Quote

whoever is the cheapest. The forged ones are the same across 10 different vendors I have tried. Getting anodized ones is a good idea, if I wasn't flush with raw ones I would get nothing but anodized ones if I wasn't planning on engraving or etching my lowers. 
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:14:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Last few I got, was through Right to bear arms, they have good prices and quick shipping.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Have tried Colfax and Thunder guns/Daytona Tactical, Colfax is local to me, but honestly the finish/fit/price was better from Thunder Guns. Nice stuff!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    The Thunder Guns lowers are marked safe/fire, Colfax is not.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used NoDak Spud, Anderson and AR Stoner. NoDak Spud for retro, all the way. Of the other two, I like Anderson. No engraving on theirs and the rear pocket is already milled.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

whoever is the cheapest. The forged ones are the same across 10 different vendors I have tried. Getting anodized ones is a good idea, if I wasn't flush with raw ones I would get nothing but anodized ones if I wasn't planning on engraving or etching my lowers. 
View Quote
Just had several anodized lowers engraved, because Kalifornia, and the laser cut right through the anodizing, no problems.  Your laser may vary.   But yes, I agree, I would rather buy an anodized lower, unless I was going to paint it a color other than black.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#6]
DS Arms and Tactical Machining are my two fav's. 
Both are excellent quality at good prices.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:47:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just had several anodized lowers engraved, because Kalifornia, and the laser cut right through the anodizing, no problems.  Your laser may vary.   But yes, I agree, I would rather buy an anodized lower, unless I was going to paint it a color other than black.
View Quote
Laser isn't the issue, usually.  It is potentially a problem when people take their lower to a trophy shop or "all things remembered" and have it engraved with a rotary engraver.  Rotary engravers can cause the anodizing to chip out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:17:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Last few I got, was through Right to bear arms, they have good prices and quick shipping.
View Quote
This -^ I get all of mine here. Awesome company to deal with!!

ETA Right To Bear
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top