Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2017 8:56:29 AM EDT
Looking for a QD end plate for build No. 2

Half the price of an ASAP looks attractive.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking for a QD end plate for build No. 2

Half the price of an ASAP looks attractive.

Thoughts?
View Quote

Go with it. As long as its steel.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Go with it. As long as its steel.
View Quote
Definitely steel. Local PSA stores have some new QD plates in aluminum (various colors) and my first reaction was, "Airsoft".
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Qd endplates are only good for single point slings.

Single point slings are meh.

Imo.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Imo.
View Quote
I use a 1 to 2 point convertible
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Imo.
View Quote
I agree w/you about single point slings, but I prefer a QD endplate w/my two point slings, I like how the rifle hangs more vertically during transitions (YMMV).

Tomac

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#6]
GG&G steel QD endplates with a swivel on sale at JSE Surplus for $19.99 right now.

I have Noveske end plates on a bunch of my rifles.  Sometimes I do single point, but usually its just an alternate place to terminate the 2pt.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm still a fan of IWC Melonite QD endplates (they look beautiful), although they changed the design. They used to be super thick, with no "QD" lip. Now they are standard thickness, and have the QD lip like all the other brands. Still beautiful though.
However, I no longer install these, since I don't use them. I now prefer the rear point at rear of stock, and front in standard location (gas block area). I prefer this way because they back sling better (they back sling like crap when the points are too close together). This way I get a usable front sling mode, with an EXCELLENT back sling mode.
Not that it harms anything to still put them on (they do look cool!), I just don't bother since I don't use them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Just ordered one from JoeBobOutfitters. Decision made.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 4:47:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Finished the lower receiver last night. The end plate looks good...perfect match for the receiver.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top