Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2017 12:17:56 PM EDT
I returned a possibly defective 6.5G barrel to Bear Creek along with my other upper parts for evaluation/replacement/assembly and now I have been getting no response to my emails to Dennis and the phone doesn't get answered. I fear they have shut down and effectively stolen my parts.. 

Any info? Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Call them. They are still sending out daily promotion emails so I'd think there still in business
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I returned a possibly defective 6.5G barrel to Bear Creek along with my other upper parts for evaluation/replacement/assembly and now I have been getting no response to my emails to Dennis and the phone doesn't get answered. I fear they have shut down and effectively stolen my parts. 

Any info? Thanks.
View Quote

Are you refering to Bear Creek Arsenal ??

Maybe they were closed on Sat and Sun ??

Maybe they are busy, and haven't had time ??

Maybe call a business nearby and ask if people are using a uhaul to move machinery and desks out the door ??

Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]
i got my upper from them friday, the rail on the upper reciever is pretty gouged up. emailed and called them, finally got someone on the phone wednesday morning and still havent heard back from them
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You DO realize they have an Industry Partner page here?

LINK to Bear Creek Arsenal Industry Page
View Quote
YES, trying to get them to contact me there too

Their on again off again contact is worrying me, especially in this soft market. No regular answering of emails, not even voice mail on their main phone.

My contact with them started back on 5/17 and now nothing.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Call them. They are still sending out daily promotion emails so I'd think there still in business
View Quote
Tried a few times. Now no voice mail greeting, just rings and rings.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I know some time between last night and right now they've listed uppers as back in stock and sent me an e mail with $199 complete uppers.
Sorry for your bad experience. Sadly many companies are not on top of answering e mails, returning calls, etc. I have several complete uppers and a few barrels from them without issue.

So are you saying you sent them other parts that you bought else where? What was wrong with the barrel to begin with?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I think they just started manufacturing the 6.5G barrels recently. I wonder if they are having a few first run issues. Just a wild ass guess on my part is all. I've had good luck with them so can't comment on anything else.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think they just started manufacturing the 6.5G barrels recently. I wonder if they are having a few first run issues. Just a wild ass guess on my part is all. I've had good luck with them so can't comment on anything else.
View Quote
I have another Bear Creek barrel - 556 - which is great. They are just doing this appearing - too often disappearing act in the middle of my new product warranty claim. I've even sent them a FB message. 
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#10]
i think ill have to but a stripped upper and rebuild my 18" grendel complete upper i got. i think the reciever slots are too chewed up to mount my scope. didnt want to mess with it till i heard back tho.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have another Bear Creek barrel - 556 - which is great. They are just doing this appearing - too often disappearing act in the middle of my new product warranty claim. I've even sent them a FB message. 
View Quote
At this point I would contact your credit card company and file a dispute. Write down who, what, how, etc. many times you've tried to contact them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#12]
There still in business, number is the same. Try a Sanford NC phone number search for Moores Machine Shop on Mcneill Rd. They should have a local number. They hire a lot of foreign labor to do there manufacturing. Try to remember that this company has changed there name 3 times, first Roggio Arsanal, then MMC, and finally Bear Creek. Bear Creek is the area of Chatham county where the Moore family lives and is where they had there first machine shop on Hwy 421 N. There address was actually considered Siler City at that time.

They are on there third generation. The two brothers split the company in the 80's after the old man past away. One took the machine shop business and the other took the crane service.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I sent them an email asking about their 6.5G barrels, pretty basic stuff.  SAAMI chamber, what bolt face etc... they never responded.

I THINK Classic sells the same barrel and they got right back to me... and that is why I went thru them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I sent them an email asking about their 6.5G barrels, pretty basic stuff.  SAAMI chamber, what bolt face etc... they never responded.

I THINK Classic sells the same barrel and they got right back to me... and that is why I went thru them.
View Quote
You are correct about Classic. That is the BCA barrel and who I got my 6.5G thru.
Sorry for your trouble OP. Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I've seen and heard similar stories about them.  I would avoid them like the plague.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#16]
They've not responded to me e-mails for product info & specs...So, I'll not be giving them a chance
ANDRO, Primary Arms & Right To Bear work hard for us & will continue to buy from them.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I've filed a dispute with my credit card company. Bear Creek has responded and said they'd ship (something) back to me - my parts - their parts?, but nothing has been received or a confirmation number given.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Unfortunately this seams to be how they do business.
I purchased a lower  from them off gunbroker  about a year ago .
Took almost two months to get it. Lots of phone calls saying , that person is out to lunch and this person is not here today. Bla bla bla.
They really gave me the runaround .
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Dispute is in process.

Nothing from Bear Creek - no refund, no parts back
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Update:

I now have my refund and parts back.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#21]
They don't answer emails and their shipping is slow.  I'm happy with what I got from them, either directly or real cheap from Classic Arms.

My last inquiry was when the 24" Grendel barrel, listed as out of stock, would be available.  

No answer, I'll wait for Classic to sell them cheap.

Tony
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#22]
they just posted this on facebook

Bear Creek Arsenal
6 mins ·
Some of you may have experienced issues calling us recently. We have been been working hard to fix this problem so we can speak to everyone. A new solution will be in place starting tomorrow. Please let us know if you are still having any problems calling us after tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#23]
I have one of their AR15's and really like it but the fastest way to lose customers past, present and future is to have terrible communication and or support services.

It amazes me in this day and age how companies haven't figured that out? Communication is just as important as pumping stuff out of the factory lines.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:53:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have one of their AR15's and really like it but the fastest way to lose customers past, present and future is to have terrible communication and or support services.

It amazes me in this day and age how companies haven't figured that out? Communication is just as important as pumping stuff out of the factory lines.
View Quote
Exactly and they need to get that shit in check i really would like to do more Business with them Considering their 5 minutes from my house.

I have not  had problems with the lowers yet would like to pick up more my local dealer has them in stock cheaper than shipping and paying transfer fees . but i keep hearing bad things as of late on various issues namely customer service.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:45:01 AM EDT
[#25]
They are still open, I purchased an upper from them that was short chambered. I sent it back to them TWO times and they never fixed it. I took it to a REAL gunsmith and he replaced the barrel. They are NOT a place I will ever do business with again, their service sucks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#26]
I got one of their 10.5" uppers from Primary Arms last week. For $279 complete, why not. It looks good, but i have yet to even clean it, let alone shoot it. It came with 3 fired cases, so I guess it was tested.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top