Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2017 8:58:51 PM EDT
but things change and I have this on the way. http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-8-nitride-freedom-rifle-kit-516445632.html

I have it on strong advice and will buy an Anderson lower. It will need a rear sight and magazines. we will see what happens.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool. Have fun.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
but things change and I have this on the way. http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-8-nitride-freedom-rifle-kit-516445632.html

I have it on strong advice and will buy an Anderson lower. It will need a rear sight and magazines. we will see what happens.
View Quote

Solid start. It'll be fun for you.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]
just wait till you drink bourbon after midnight and the packages show up...

and your like shit did i order that??

Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't worry, 72859768, probably a third of Arfcommers never owned an AR, either.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:35:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the PSA lower
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get the PSA lower
View Quote
i have several of both...i like the finish on my PSA lowers a bit better...more of a gloss peruse?  But never had an issue with any of them really, here is a buildin the works with an anderson right now...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:29:13 AM EDT
[#7]
8 posts in 14 years....some kinda record.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 2:26:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yet,  you've made 13624 posts in  four years....roughly 10 a day, everyday, for 4 years straight.

That's just sad.

Link Posted: 5/3/2017 3:02:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered a seekins complete upper from primary arms for $350.  I have heard that's a step up in quality over PSA.  M-lok rail, adj gas block, 223 wylde chamber 1:8 twist rate.  Lower can be build with a cheap Lower parts kit, buffer kit, etc.  I found anderson lowers locally for $50 and that saved me on the transfer fee.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 3:08:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Lurker level = LEGENDARY
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 7:14:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yet,  you've made 13624 posts in  four years....roughly 10 a day, everyday, for 4 years straight.

That's just sad.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's just sad.

Shit. I didn't know we were counting! ??

Lemme rethink this!

Yeah, who gives a shit.Enjoy your new AR, OP.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice start, 7.  A complete AR-15 for about $400, with middy gas to boot.  I suggest a few inexpensive additions, particularly in the furniture area.  Check these out:
-  Magpul K2+ grip, for a more vertical orientation, about $20
-  Magpul MOE SL handguard and a Mlok QD sling attachment up front, about $35 for the handguard
-  BCM Gunfighters charge handle, vastly superior to the GI part, at about $40
-  A nice padded sling, check Michaels of Oregon or Butler Creek
-  An M7 bayonet with scabbard, available on ebay for about $40.  Out of respect for all our GIs out there in the field, keep it razor sharp
-  Later you may want to install an upgraded trigger, check out those made by ALG Defense, their ACT model cost $70, and substitute JP Rifles yellow springs at $11.

good luck - CW
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's just sad.

View Quote
Why is it sad? He's bored at work.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not really. I read. But the ar has never attracted my attention.It is a high dollar .22. Now I am bored and wish
to learn the unique subtleties of this rifle.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just ordered a seekins complete upper from primary arms for $350.  I have heard that's a step up in quality over PSA.  M-lok rail, adj gas block, 223 wylde chamber 1:8 twist rate.  Lower can be build with a cheap Lower parts kit, buffer kit, etc.  I found anderson lowers locally for $50 and that saved me on the transfer fee.
View Quote
Why would you want to go with cheap lower parts? That does not make any sense...
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:49:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Have fun with it, OP. I bought my first AR a couple years ago, a S&W M&P Sport, and now I'm making upgrades to it and building a pistol. Of course I'm thinking of putting together a long-range upper for the Smith and building a 6.5G to hunt with too.

Shit's addictive.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Go on you op, who cares how long you've been lurking in the system
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Go on you op, who cares how long you've been lurking in the system
View Quote
I am not lurking I am a member. And it does seem funny about the post count stuff.

But enough of that. I need recommendations for a rear sight.  Guess i need a peep but it will need a larger apature
And some run 150$. I need good manufacture and a decent price. I do not mean cheap but I do not want to pay name.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#19]
So it does seem this site is full of posers and bullshitters. You guys can't even make a choice for a sight. This is why my post count
is low.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So it does seem this site is full of posers and bullshitters. You guys can't even make a choice for a sight. This is why my post count
is low.
View Quote
 Yo, 7.  Where does all this anger come from?  BTW, my favorite rear sight for an AR rifle (non-folding) is the one made by Daniel Defense, cost is about $100.  Check it out - CW
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
is low.
View Quote
There is no anger just observation. This place is laughed at in the rifle world as a bunch of asshats. That is real.

But your choice of DD seems solid and will be considered. But for the moment I have chosen, good or bad, a carry handle from NcStar 30 bucks
and usable for me in the short term. But the DD is on the top of my list.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There is no anger just observation. This place is laughed at in the rifle world as a bunch of asshats. That is real.

But your choice of DD seems solid and will be considered. But for the moment I have chosen, good or bad, a carry handle from NcStar 30 bucks
and usable for me in the short term. But the DD is on the top of my list.
View Quote
That NC Star handle sight is about airsoft quality. Asshats know that much.

New to ARs, post count, who gives a shit? Take it with a grain of salt. Nobody knows it all.
But there are one hell of alot of asshats on this site with assloads of knowledge.

Eta: the DD A 1.5 rear sight can be bought on the EE for ~$50 most times. Amazing sights.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Noted Tigger. But as you would want me to follow your advice, I followed the advice of another I trust.
But the rep. of this forum cannot be denied. The carry handle is on the way and I will be honest and tell
the forum my thoughts when it arrives. But the DD is a good rear sight.

But last night while digging around I found a BSA RMRS that I bought on a lark 9 years ago.
I had completely forgotten it. It has 4 reticle settings and seems pretty good.

Oh and I do not mean any disrespect by calling you Tigger. I am a retired pipefitter
and have use the term for decades for TIG welders.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Noted Tigger. But as you would want me to follow your advice, I followed the advice of another I trust.
But the rep. of this forum cannot be denied. The carry handle is on the way and I will be honest and tell
the forum my thoughts when it arrives. But the DD is a good rear sight.

But last night while digging around I found a BSA RMRS that I bought on a lark 9 years ago.
I had completely forgotten it. It has 4 reticle settings and seems pretty good.

Oh and I do not mean any disrespect by calling you Tigger. I am a retired pipefitter
and have use the term for decades for TIG welders.
View Quote
Lotta guys here have tried alot of gear, myself included. If your choices work for you, sobeit. To each his own.

I have 3 boxes of UTG, BSA, Osprey, and other China gear that will rot there.  

Now I ask, listen, research and learn. I dont have to have the best "impress the others" gear, but my gear is solid.
It works and I trust it.

Hope yours works out for you.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#25]
The NcStar carrier handle is here and seems solid. I also bought some Pmags GenM2 and to me these look dubious and
"cheap" any comments about this mag?

Oh and Tig if you "have boxes" of the stuff so be it i have 1 BSA and 1 NcStar thingy....
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The NcStar carrier handle is here and seems solid. I also bought some Pmags GenM2 and to me these look dubious and
View Quote
As long as the magazines aren't knock-offs they should be fine
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That's just sad.

View Quote
by my drunk math, it would take 23.6 years to reach 100,000 topics or responses
and we have at least one member that's reached that, you should probably complain to them.  because it makes you sad
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

As long as the magazines aren't knock-offs they should be fine
View Quote
Naw they say all the words on the bags. PMAG GEN M2 I guess I am just
used to steel and this mag has none around the feed area. I haven't
checked yet but I believe the follower is steel or aluminum.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:51:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
But enough of that. I need recommendations for a rear sight.  Guess i need a peep but it will need a larger apature
And some run 150$. I need good manufacture and a decent price. I do not mean cheap but I do not want to pay name.
View Quote
Curiosity: Why a larger aperture? Maybe you want to check into this:
https://shootingsight.com/product/rectangular-aperture-mil-flip-style-m16-or-ar15/
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not really. I read. But the ar has never attracted my attention.It is a high dollar .22. Now I am bored and wish
to learn the unique subtleties of this rifle.
View Quote
That's sad man. You would think you would read more than that given your legendary lurking status.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a Windham carry handle, nice quality part.  It is the same material as the upper and forged, by chance the forge mark matches my Anderson upper (Cerro IIRC)

There are cheaper ones out there, I figured if it turned out to be junk it just made a good one $30 more expensive... so I skipped it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Welcome to the addiction! There is no treatment for black rifle disease only new rifles that grow from stripped lowers
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok I bought a closed eared Anderson lower and it is inbound. Maybe on the 28th. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Welcome to the addiction! There is no treatment for black rifle disease only new rifles that grow from stripped lowers
View Quote
Thanks Primary Arms were selling them for 30$ two days ago. Check it and grow another.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Go the lower built it. Done. See ya in a few years.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Oh and Tig if you "have boxes" of the stuff so be it i have 1 BSA and 1 NcStar thingy....
View Quote

I'm sure your "NC Star thingy" will prove to be of great use to you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#38]
It will be ok Tigger it is going on a .22, but what should I buy as spare parts?
I haven't thought about that and I am wondering. I mean springs, extractor?
There doesn't seem to be many parts that can break but......
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I am a hoarder. If it can break I keep a spare.

Lpk and spare bolt for starters.

Bolt rebuild kit and spring/detent set at a minimum.

Enjoy!

Eta: CMMG has a "builders kit", a lpk minus fcg. It is a solid kit to have on hand.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top