Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2017 7:18:53 PM EDT
Is it possible to put a carbine buffer and spring in a rifle length tube?
Is there a spacer or a special tube?
I got it cycling the way I want it but I want a Magpul MOE rifle stock.
Anyone ever hear of anything that would do it?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
...why

you should be running a rifle spring and a rifle buffer
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The options for rifle buffers and springs seem limited and I have it cycling well after some "adjustments" to both.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Spike's ST-T0 AR-15 Buffer Spacer $24.26
Heavy Buffers Carbine-Rifle Buffer Spacer $15.00

If you get this MOE® FIXED CARBINE STOCK – MIL-SPEC it uses mil-spec size carbine-length buffer tubes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#5]
If you put a shorter carbine buffer in a rifle buffer tube would you make a situation where the gas key on the bolt would make contact with the lower when the bolt goes rearward?  Eventually damaging the lower where the buffer tube screws into it?

Someone (I owe them thanks, too) on the forum here pointed that out to me when I was changing stocks/buffers, tubes on my GII.  Had they not mentioned it I'd have damaged my rifle when I fired it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you put a shorter carbine buffer in a rifle buffer tube would you make a situation where the gas key on the bolt would make contact with the lower when the bolt goes rearward?  Eventually damaging the lower where the buffer tube screws into it?

Someone (I owe them thanks, too) on the forum here pointed that out to me when I was changing stocks/buffers, tubes on my GII.  Had they not mentioned it I'd have damaged my rifle when I fired it.
View Quote
This. Do not run a carbine spring and buffer in a rifle extension without the spacer or you'll be sorry.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys.  The spacer is exactly what I was looking for so I could use the rifle stock.
I am now looking at the carbine stock too.  Not too shabby. It will make changing the stock easier too.
I wish Magpul would make the rifle stock to fit the carbine tube too.  
Being from New York I can only use it for matches out of state.  Have to use the Thordsen at home.
The rifle is Soooo much SAFEr without the evil pistol grip on. (/-sarc)
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top