Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2017 9:01:10 PM EDT
I ordered a palmetto state armory Bcg and 10 magpul mags, as well as a magpul lpk from psa. They got here today. I have an 80% lower on the way from Daytona tactical and I have a neighbor whose gonna help me mill it out. Reason I decided to go 80%
rather than just stripped lower was I'll end up saving >$40...assuming the lpk fits onto the lower correctly. I should have done more research before I ordered the Bcg. Does anyone had any experience with the PSA brand full auto Bcg?

I'll keep adding pictures as I get stuff and finish it. This will be going on my 300 black out upper. All I'm waiting on is the lower. And giving my past experience with Daytona tactical it'll probably be another week or two before I get it.

Here's the lpk mags and Bcg.

Attachment Attached File

This is the upper
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have PSA Premium Full Auto BCG's in all of the rifles I have milled and built, they are good to go and I have never had any problems with them at all, I have used them in all of my .300 blacks and they work just fine, why are you asking?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I know PSA has good quality lowers and uppers, but have never heard anything about their bcgs. I was just wondering if they were crap or decent quality. By the way sorry for crappy pics. iPhone 4, need I say more?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I now have 17 rifles and 2 pistols I have used the PSA premiums in and have no problems with any of them, have another 6 of them still sitting in the shipping tubes and don't expect any problems with them, so I have nothing but good to say about them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck milling the lower out. They're very easy to complete provided you have access to the right tools. BTW, I can't tell for sure, but it looks like you may have your front sight mounted backwards. Also, just a tip, but you might want to consider moving your rear sight back some. Install it in the furthest slot to the rear possible without it overhanging the rear of the upper and interfering with proper charging handle operation.

Also, which PSA bolt carrier group did you order? One of the cheap ones or the Premium labeled part?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Milling a lower out is not that big of a deal, people do it every single day with a trim router, I have a mill so don't take me much time at all, but they are pretty easy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#6]
My charging handle and lower arrived yesterday. I'm gonna bring the lower by the guy this evening and see if he can help me do it today. I can't wait!!

I have a premium PSA bcg, and thanks for the tip on the sights on the upper. I've put less than 60 rounds through it. All just plinking at 25 yards or so without great regard to accuracy. Haven't had the time to get the sights dialed in. Plus I'm planning on putting a scope on it so really the only reason I got those are to be able to sorta aim it. I may dial them in a bit a leave them on the gun for backups.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#7]
You do know that you are supposed to do the milling...not someone else.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a point to mention, or a question to ask, does your friend hold a manufacturing FFL?

If not, he cannot legally mill the lower for you, that would be manufacturing without a license, which is a pretty big deal, now a days, even lending some tools can be a pretty sticky wicket....
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Milling today fell through. It'll probably be Wednesday or Thursday before both our schedules realign. Re-read my last post and realized I misspoke. Assuming we're both on the same page he's gonna help me do it, (provide tools, say when and where to drill etc) not do it for me.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I forgot I had made this thread. The lower is milled out and assembled. I am waiting on a scope to get here and will get a bipod soonish. After that just a sling and she'll be done. Sorry for crappy pic. It's all I got for now, I'll take a better one later.

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top