Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2017 10:02:44 PM EDT
Hi Everyone! First post on the site. I recently bought this lower receiver with the intent of building a quality AR.
http://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=cl&pw=55963&ctc=j0rgxz2lil00zk8a00y51&mi=10077&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brownells.com%2Fuserdocs%2Fproducts%2Fp_953000018_3.jpg
Brownells
So far my thought process is to go with .223 Wylde. I like the idea of having some flexibility between .223 and 5.56 with good precision. Aero has a complete upper in .223 Wylde for $475
http://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=cl&pw=55963&ctc=j0rgxz517800zk8a02gtd&mi=13601&url=https%3A%2F%2Faeroprecisionusa.com%2Fmedia%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct%2Fcache%2F1%2Fimage%2F9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95%2F2%2F2%2F223-wylde-18in-gen2-complete-uppers.jpg
So i have a few questions for you folks.

1: Any recommendations on a BCG and lower parts kit?

2: Keymod or M-lok? (I know this is like asking "AR or AK" but i hope you guys have some knowledge about what is receiving better support in the shooting community)

3: 16" or 18" barrel? (So far I am leaning towards the 18")

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#1]

For LPK I like buying from Red Barn Armory because you get to pick all the parts grip, trigger, safety, trigger guard, etc..
BCGs from Aim Surplus are good either V2 or Nickel Boron

2: Keymod or M-lok? (I know this is like asking "AR or AK" but i hope you guys have some knowledge about what is receiving better support in the shooting community)

I have both keymod and M-Lok. Seems like more accessories for m-lol but is completely opinion only.

I like 16" barrels just to keep the OAL and weight down. My rifles can put shoot me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For LPK I like buying from Red Barn Armory because you get to pick all the parts grip, trigger, safety, trigger guard, etc..
BCGs from Aim Surplus are good either V2 or Nickel Boron

I have both keymod and M-Lok. Seems like more accessories for m-lol but is completely opinion only.

I like 16" barrels just to keep the OAL and weight down. My rifles can put shoot me.
View Quote
Thank you! Trying to do my due diligence before buying parts. Can you explain the V2 vs Nickel Boron? Is one less prone to build up or something like that?

- Joe
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#3]
The AIM V2 is nitride and the other is Nickle Boron.  Advantages are that they can be smoother and easier to clean than the standard phosphate BCG.  One of my rifles has a standard bolt carrier with a Nickle Teflon plated bolt (supposed to be even slicker than nickle boron).  It works great, but I still have to clean carbon deposits off of the bolt with a brush.  In my experience they don't just wipe off with a rag like some claim.  Another good source for quality BCG's is Toolcraft or their Cryptic Coatings branch for high performance coatings.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top