Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2017 9:10:29 PM EDT
MY wife bought me this 80% lower for my first for my birthday. No step on snek Until now all my AR experience has been with normal forged receivers.  I know a forged upper will fit but I figured I'd try to get something with similar lines for the upper.  I don't care about raw/anodized as it will be getting paint.  

I found this Am I on the right track?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good to me, so much so, that I just ordered 3 of them to go with some billet lowers I bought a while back.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I just did the same.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
MY wife bought me this 80% lower for my first for my birthday. No step on snek Until now all my AR experience has been with normal forged receivers.  I know a forged upper will fit but I figured I'd try to get something with similar lines for the upper.  I don't care about raw/anodized as it will be getting paint.  

I found this Am I on the right track?
View Quote
yeah...  as long as the lack of forward assist is ok for you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Its for a stupid, loud, shorty pistol build no I'm super worried about the FA.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its for a stupid, loud, shorty pistol build no I'm super worried about the FA.
View Quote
what?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry.

Its for a stupid, loud, shorty pistol build so I'm not super worried about the Forward assist.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I have not used the forward assist on any of my guns since I retired from the military, I have quite a few slick sides and not had a problem with them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't use mine either Dave, just something for him to consider
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I got mine today. Looks pretty good. I want to hear. Last it to match the finish of the raw lower(more of a satin finish) but I'm happy with it.

Any suggestions on how to protect the threads while blasting that would be better than tape?  I'll pack the cavity but I'm not sure about the threads.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top