Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2017 3:37:24 PM EDT
Im in the process of a new precision build and noticed Geisseles braided spring and H buffer kit. Its $65. is it worth it or newfangled hype? What are the obvious benefits or lack there of?
Just curious if anyone has tried one or had any first hand experience with braided buffer springs?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have it in two funs and it eliminated the twang. But the spring from damage industries seems too also.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems a solution to something that isn't a problem to me...
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Geissele products in general, but I see this one as kinda pointless.

I prefer Damage Industries and Sprinco springs with a traditional sized buffer and less cost.  Damage states their enhanced springs are good for 750,000 cycles.  Sprinco's are supposed to be good for 1,500,000+.  Damage is $6 on sale + shipping.  Sprinco is $20 delivered.

I would be more receptive of Geissele's spring if it used a standard sized buffer and cost a little less.  I just don't see paying extra for a spring that lasts 150,000 cycles and uses an odd buffer.

ETA: To be completely fair, a regular H buffer is about $30 and a Sprinco is $20, so it's only $15 extra for the G product.  It's also sold as a pair and the spring will last as long as your rifle does, so its not like the funny sized buffer is really going to cause issues.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah I've been running a Blue Sprinco with a Spikes -T2 in my BCM mid-length and it purrs no twang also. I was just curious since I had never seen a braided one for the AR before.. I also just realized from a you-tube video that it takes a special smaller diameter buffer because the ID of the spring is smaller. So I guess Its a no go

Thanx
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#5]
OP I think the buffer on these is modified to fit the reduced diameter of the spring. It could be an area of concern.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yeah I've been running a Blue Sprinco with a Spikes -T2 in my BCM mid-length and it purrs no twang also. I was just curious since I had never seen a braided one for the AR before.. I also just realized from a you-tube video that it takes a special smaller diameter buffer because the ID of the spring is smaller. So I guess Its a no go

Thanx
View Quote
The buffer is slight smaller outer diameter but it takes standard buffer weights. I turned mine into an H2 buffer no problem. It does eliminate the sproing like completely in my 2 with it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]
A braided buffer spring, lol. They'll do anything to get your money.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Braided springs built with today’s tech could be really good; however with all the excellent springs available to us I can’t see using something that requires a non-std buffer.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got flat wire springs from Strike and there is no twang. It's alot cheaper too
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought the Super 42, needed a H buffer anyway and Geissele products do not disappoint. Works great in my 14.5" carbine, does what it's suppose to.
A little pricey but worth the cost.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm really enjoying the couple i have. At $65 I doubt I would have got them unless I just had extra money to burn, but if you can snatch one up during some of the geissele 25% off deals they seem to have every so often then its not a bad buy.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top