Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2017 8:03:46 AM EDT
I'm doing a 6.5 Grendel build & was curious IF anyone has used or would recommend using Anderson stripped upper receivers? IF you have any links to good deals on stripped upper receivers, could you post them up. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#1]
They are gtg. Wife's build has one, several friends have used them with no problems. One of the parts not to overpay for.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I built my long range 6.5 G , a Anderson stripped upper ( I lapped it) and interestingly enough have an Anderson Stripped lower and Upper  waiting for an the Anderson 6.5 G barrel and bolt that I a going to use to build  a Pistol with. I got my last Anderson Uppers from Aim Surplus where they the stripped upper for $39 and the completion kit for $20 more.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm doing a 6.5 Grendel build & was curious IF anyone has used or would recommend using Anderson stripped upper receivers? IF you have any links to good deals on stripped upper receivers, could you post them up. Thanks!
View Quote

Got one from my LGS pretty cheap. I told him to be on the look out and he called me out of the blue. Prices seem to be coming down.  
I am on several email lists and they have sales randomly, even Anderson's website. Recently had 10% and free shipping.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#4]
here's a decent deal on a assembled upper:

http://www.monmouthreloading.com/shop/aero-precision-ar15-assembled-upper-receiver/
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:20:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://www.monmouthreloading.com/shop/aero-precision-ar15-assembled-upper-receiver/
View Quote
Have you ordered from them before?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Have you ordered from them before?
View Quote
I have bought two of the AeroPrecision uppers from them,

they have excellent customer service and ship fast as well, oh yea not affiliated, just found them on the web looking for reload supplies for my nephew, but they have a lot of Aero stuff.

these were actually on special sometime last week, but my gun money was exhausted so I missed the 63.99$ deal. I have priced lowers all over and even a 39.99 stripped lower and then the 12$ +/- for the parts kit , this is a decent deal for Aero stuff.....they also had a special Aero upper with an American flag at the rear of the top on special too, if you are into the xtra markings...........
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Aero is my go to upper receiver.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I am two for two for good Anderson upper receivers.

I am currently building a 6.5G but I don't really have any parts to go with my third stripped upper to know how good it is (I just got a bolt carrier today but no bolt or barrel)

AIM had them the cheapest that I could find pre-election when I got mine they couldn't keep them in stock.  They are $40 and they actually have them in stock now.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XANA3&name=Anderson+Manufacturing+AR+A3+Stripped+Upper&groupid=4329

Since they sold out about as fast as they got them in at AIM I picked up my last one from Primary Arms.  $50 as of last fall which isn't horrible.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's an excellent deal on an Aero upper.  Aero has been one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have bought two of the AeroPrecision uppers from them,

they have excellent customer service and ship fast as well, oh yea not affiliated, just found them on the web looking for reload supplies for my nephew, but they have a lot of Aero stuff.

these were actually on special sometime last week, but my gun money was exhausted so I missed the 63.99$ deal. I have priced lowers all over and even a 39.99 stripped lower and then the 12$ +/- for the parts kit , this is a decent deal for Aero stuff.....they also had a special Aero upper with an American flag at the rear of the top on special too, if you are into the xtra markings...........
View Quote
I ordered a Aero upper receiver this morning after reading your post, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#11]
My first build started with a. Anderson stripped lower. I put in an Anderson lpk and was impressed with quality of both for the price. Used an anderson upper on it and was just as good. Was a stripped upper I used random parts with and all went together great. Won't hesitate again to use them!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My first build started with a. Anderson stripped lower. I put in an Anderson lpk and was impressed with quality of both for the price. Used an anderson upper on it and was just as good. Was a stripped upper I used random parts with and all went together great. Won't hesitate again to use them!
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I ordered a Aero upper receiver this morning after reading your post, thanks!
View Quote
Aero upper on this 7.62x39 build:

Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Aero upper on this 7.62x39 build:

http://i.imgur.com/a6PTyPD.jpg
View Quote
Very nice, thanks for sharing!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top