Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2017 8:26:38 PM EDT
Long story short... Got divorced and had to part out my rifles. I kept the lowers and parts kits minus FCG's.

Started to order new parts lastnight. Here is my list so far.

Lower:
Aero gen 2 lower
DD parts kit
Larue MBT-2S
Magpul CTR
BCM Extension
Tatical Springs white
Spikes ST-T2
BCM mod 1 grip

Upper:
Aero stripped upper
BA 10.3 Hanson performance series
Sharps DLC BCG

I still need to decide on a CH, Rail, and Comp.

For the rail i'm pretty set on the BCM KMR, the other two IDK yet.

Please feel free to toss your comments out. Its been awhile and the amount of new parts out is shocking.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:56:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully stuff is changing, because I've been wanting a BCM KMR for a long time, but have never been able to find one.  

I'm partial to SLR hanguards now.  There are a lot of options currently.  I'm either going with Geisselle or Midwest Industries on my next upper.

Also, be sure to check out your Aero stuff closely.  I've been reading a lot of comments about problems with their machining.  I've not had a problem with any of my Aero components, but apparently boo-boos are out there.  

You've probably also noticed that there are a lot of affordable muzzle devices now.  Take a look at the tests from The Truth About Guns.  They have a few videos on YouTube and data sheets on their website.  Should help guide you to what you want.  I have the cheapies, like the J-comp and the JM.  And expensive stuff like the Lantac Dragon.  They all work good enough.  I don't know if I'll be buying the more expensive stuff anymore.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Raptor CH from Red Barn Armory a few weeks ago for $65. Looks like they are out of them,  but Joe Bob's has them for $75.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/AXTS_Raptor_Ambidextrous_Charging_Handle_p/rar-raptor.htm
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a Raptor CH from Red Barn Armory a few weeks ago for $65. Looks like they are out of them,  but Joe Bob's has them for $75.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/AXTS_Raptor_Ambidextrous_Charging_Handle_p/rar-raptor.htm
View Quote

These and the BCM charging handles are an awesome upgrade from the regular stock charging handles!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Ended up getting a 9" kmr, vg6 epsilon, and raptor CH. Thanks for the input guys.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top