Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 10:07:37 PM EDT
I just got this in today.  It is the new Black Wolf barrel from Bear Creek Arsenal.  My initial impression is very favorable.  Of course, that comes with the obvious caveat that it has not been fired yet.  I have high expectations as this company seems to be putting out some very nice barrels from what I have read  The fluting and finishing is outstanding.  This is consistent with my lightweight BCG I got from them several months ago.  It is also very nicely finished and has extremely nice ball cuts milled for lightening.  My new barrel is the 18" version.  They are stainless with a nitride finish that are then fluted.  I got it shipped to my door for 120.  I have a few pics but posting them seems a bit more involved than on other forums so, here is the link.

http://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/ba223-5-56mhb1818-ssbwf
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have direct experience with that particular barrel but I've used Bear Creek Barrels on several builds and always been happy with them. (fit and finish fine, headspace always OK, feeds fine, reasonable accuracy, etc...)
I've never seen any bad reviews on them but I would like to see someone put Bear Creek's .7 to 1 MOA claim for 16" and longer barrels to the test.
It's a bold claim for a budget barrels and it would be cool to see some experience back it up. Just sayin'
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I built a budget spr upper in 2015 to go coyote hunting with. It has the 18" spiral fluted stainless bear creek arsenal barrel. It does ok

Hornady 50gr vmax 4rds

Hornady 75gr bthp (not my best targets but one if could find for the barrel) 3rds the marker rubbed off but this was 15/16" or just over 1"

It definitely prefers less than 70 gr bullets. I have been pleasantly surprised with it. This has become my go to upper for hunting or shooting in bad weather.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
They are a paid advertiser here now, but don't appear to have a section in the industry forum.
I've got 3 complete uppers from them, brown bear, ursid hybrid bear and Andean bear ss. Been happy with all. Also used several barrels. The only that wasa presision build was a 16" 1-7 ss hbar and it shoots sub moa.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I forgot I had this picture- 50 meters with open sights. Bear Creek 16" 5.56 1:8 chrome moly standard contour profile. 55 GR FMJ

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top