Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2017 9:47:35 PM EDT
I hav all the parts to build a lower but what kind of lube do you need to build it?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Any oil will be suitable. Choose what you like.  CLP.Hoppes. I use Mobil 1 synthetic  (engine oil).
lube points

Edit: dont use WD-40, it's worthless as a lubricant.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Duck.....

Incoming!

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Any reputable oil will be just fine for assembly.  A needle bottle applicator makes things a bit easier for me. Needle applicator
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:50:07 AM EDT
[#4]
What lube you use to "build" a lower is probably different than what would be best for an operating lubricant.

I use either the Aeroshell barrel nut grease or (usually) Superlube grease as an assembly lubricant for buffer threads, bolt catch, takedown pins, hammer and trigger pins etc.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I use G96 to clean all the parts of any preservative chemicals before applying SLIP2000 to the parts as they go in.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top