Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2017 5:01:32 PM EDT
I know I know, but I'm going for a specific look so bear with me.  Originally I was going to get a titanium mag catch from V7, but there are difficulties when combining the body, post, and button with CA restrictions.  Namely, you can't use a mag magnet (when out of state of course ) because titanium is not ferrous - it's not magnetic.  Does anyone know of a titanium mag catch that is able to be disassembled allowing for half titanium and half steel parts (removing the post off of the body without breaking it)?  You can't do this with V7, I already asked...  If not, does anyone know where to get a "silver colored" mag catch?  Kind of a difficult question, but any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You're hunting for something that doesn't exist. I'm 99% sure of it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Contact Olympic Coatings(Industry Partner)...They may even do it for free when they have something else being done in that color if you aren't in a rush since it's such a small part.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe here
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
You could use the Raddlock with V7 mag release and not have to use magnet bullet button tool.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Some bullet button tools are threaded internally to fit the mag catch stud some are not. Instead of attaching a magnet just attach your bullet button wonder tool to the mag catch stud of your choice and color. Just screw it on there a few turns and that's it. I think they cost about 5 bucks. -CB
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not familiar with CA law or the bolt catch system to which you refer, but I had a standard bolt release button assembly (along with other "control" related lower parts) cerakoted to match a teflon coated upper. It turnout out great...they match the upper perfectly and really stand out against the black lower.  

It'll look really nice with my black nitride barrel and the VRS-T handguard I'm going to have cerakoted the same color.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Contact Olympic Coatings(Industry Partner)...They may even do it for free when they have something else being done in that color if you aren't in a rush since it's such a small part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you!  I will check them out!

Quoted:
Maybe here

Very interesting!  Not exactly something I had thought of, but that's thinking outside the box.  I'll keep it in mind.

Wow!  I can't believe I didn't think of that since I am familiar with the rad lock's existence

Quoted:
You could use the Raddlock with V7 mag release and not have to use magnet bullet button tool.

Wow!  I can't believe I didn't think of that since I am familiar with the rad lock's existence.  I'm definitely going to have to look at that more closely!

Quoted:
Some bullet button tools are threaded internally to fit the mag catch stud some are not. Instead of attaching a magnet just attach your bullet button wonder tool to the mag catch stud of your choice and color. Just screw it on there a few turns and that's it. I think they cost about 5 bucks. -CB

That is definitely an option...  Thank you

Quoted:

You know us well!

OP, shoot us an I'm or email if interested.

Will do!  Thank you!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top