Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2017 12:45:51 PM EDT
Will there be 80% suppressors out there? I read they'll be treated like firearms but I'm thinking it means you would be able to make one (from plastic bottles and stuff or whatever)?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
you can already buy parts and kits to build your own
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If that happens and it's legal I wonder if a maglight body would make a good 22 can.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If that happens and it's legal I wonder if a maglight body would make a good 22 can.
View Quote

There are already kits available to build cans from mag light bodies. C cell and D cell both.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Think of how nice it will be to sit outside in Chicago at night...
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

There are already kits available to build cans from mag light bodies. C cell and D cell both.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just did a search and in addition to kits I see, wow, there's even a maglite can on The Walking Dead.  Apparently I'm not the first to think of this.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Think of how nice it will be to sit outside in Chicago at night...
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I just did a search and in addition to kits I see, wow, there's even a maglite can on The Walking Dead.  Apparently I'm not the first to think of this.
View Quote

I have two maglight cans one for .300 black and one for .22

As long as you use the right baffles they work fine.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a forum here for that concept

Silencers-Build It Yourself
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:48:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Great... Now just hope the Hearing Protection Act passes... Liberals are already fighting this tooth and nail. Several liberal media is already publishing obviously biased articles about it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Can't wait for the news on 'assault cans killing children worldwide.'
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#11]
At the gunshow this weekend I saw three different vendors selling "solvent traps".  One guy had the oil filter adapters, one had the mag light tube kits, and one had a monolithic baffle stack "trap" for 22lr (i assume from the size).  The last one made me do a double take.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top