Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A spare end Mill is a good idea, but I don't think it's going to break if you take your time.

The base plate that 5D Tactical supplies has the support bearing for the end Mill and it should greatly help support the cutter, and this comment is from someone who has snapped 3/8" end Mill cutters on a milling machine.

Just take your time and don't push it too hard, besides going slower will reduce heat on the cutter and extend the life of the end Mill.

AND, use cutting fluid.
View Quote

Sounds good. My other concern is that it's a special end mill, so down the road if they close, or laws change regarding them selling their jigs, if it won't work without their special bit, I don't want to be with $200 jig I cant use. For $50, it's peace of mind.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have seen mills like that on ebay that are used for certain types of machines, many of them from US sellers, someone made them for 5D so there is someone making them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
If I had to, I could also probably get away with a 5/16" square mill bit and have the shank turned down to 1/4". But for $40/ea, unless 5D folds up any time soon, I will continue to support them.

I think this is an awesome product, and one that I have finally seen enough feedback on, to make me invest and jump in.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't know these use a special mill bit. I was going to get one but not now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Didn't know these use a special mill bit. I was going to get one but not now.
View Quote
Just buy 3-4 and that should do 30-40 lowers.

Not like they will be going out of business anytime soon
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:02:47 AM EDT
[#8]
This jig does not fit my 308 lowers (yes I have the 308 jig) also the threads are cut very poorly screws did not fit perfectly it's already more trouble than my 80% Arms jig
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This jig does not fit my 308 lowers (yes I have the 308 jig) also the threads are cut very poorly screws did not fit perfectly it's already more trouble than my 80% Arms jig
View Quote
Curious...So what did 5DT say when you contacted them about your issues?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Post the issue in the industry forum or facebook, they will take care of you.

I had a chipped yet operation mill bit and they sold me a replacement for half price.

They will take care of you, some of the best customer experience that I have ever had.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top