Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2016 7:15:23 PM EDT
I just received from Botach what I didn't order.
I ordered a FailZero BCG for a 300 AAC Blackout I'm putting together.
I received the following:
- a Bolt Carrier only which is not a FailZero.
- tool and/or wear marks all over the place.
- No Exo coating.
- No FZ/FailZero stamp on carrier near bolt.

I happen to have a brand new FailZero BCG which I ordered from Primary Arms a week ago, which came in a FailZero blister pack and is good to go, which I compared to what I received from Botach.
See the attached photos.

I called CS in Sales to let them know. Was apologetic and asked me to email CS with photos and the issues, who will then issue me an RMA with a pre-paid return label for a full refund.

I know, I know, I researched after I ordered and was like, Whaaaat!! I hope I get what I ordered, which I didn't.
Just wanted to let others know.

Update:
CS got a back to me.
They said the item was shipped as ordered and will not issue a pre-paid label but they will issue the RMA for return.
They said I ordered a carrier only. I ordered a BCG.
They said they don't know of any FailZero stamps on the carrier as they just ship out what they receive.

I explained that whether I ordered a carrier or BCG is moot point as the carrier is not even a FailZero, and if she looked at the photos which show this beyond any reasonable doubt.
Waiting for a response. In the meantime, I left a message with FailZero to explain what Botach is shipping out in their name. I thought FailZero may want to know.

[sub][/sub]

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry, you had me at Botach[i][/i]....

and auto correct changes it to BOTCH!!!   Even better!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Really?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#3]
So many warning about that vendor yet you still ordered? And you're surprised they fucked you over?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Surprised they even answered the phone when you called. The ONE time I ordered from them I had to resolve with my credit card company because Botach never got back to me after dozens and emails when my order still had not showed up after months.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I have ordered a lot of stuff from a lot of different companies but they are the absolute worse x 10.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#6]
IBTL
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't read up on this bs company until after ordering. Usually that's not how I operate but did so here.
Saying this, I already put in a dispute with my cc company.
I was going to just pay the return shipping and be done with it, but I don't like to get f'd.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Botach is now in Vegas, should I go in and ask for the arfcom discount?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered 123 lithium batteries from them and received AA alkaline. The packing slip showed 123 batteries and was even signed by an employee verifying the contents. They made it right after some back and forth but it took several months. Never again.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Lol.....you ordered from Botach and expected a smooth transaction

You chose poorly OP.....
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#12]
That I did.
Well, as per Botach policy, after 15 days they can send me to the manufacturer for warranty issues.
I wonder what FailZero will have to say knowing that Botach is advertising their product, and shipping out a product from a different manufacturer in place of the FailZero product.
I've sent photos to FailZero and I'm interested in what they say. They should be more upset than I.
Saying this, I'd not hesitate purchasing from Botach again, and I also voted for Hilghazi
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#13]
You do know the movie War Dogs is based on their family right?

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Botach = PLAGUE! I firmly believe they rely on a certain percentage of bait and switch deals succeeding. I was a victim of this crap once. Never again.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#15]
True. Many new customers wouldn't know the difference.
Not only were the differences obvious, but I had a brand new FailZero BCG sitting right next to it to compare.
Alon, the rep in sales who I spoke with prior to emailing cs, said that the warehouse guy likely put the wrong item in the box.
Good guy, bad guy bs. Just refund me including return shipping  and be done.
It's a wonder these guys are still in business. A waste of time across the board. All this bs.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That I did.
Well, as per Botach policy, after 15 days they can send me to the manufacturer for warranty issues.
I wonder what FailZero will have to say knowing that Botach is advertising their product, and shipping out a product from a different manufacturer in place of the FailZero product.
I've sent photos to FailZero and I'm interested in what they say. They should be more upset than I.
Saying this, I'd not hesitate purchasing from Botach again, and I also voted for Hilghazi
View Quote

Are you trolling?  This isn't GD so.......
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for bringing me back to my senses. I was about to order that bolt. I'll go to Primary Arms.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm a little slow tonight. Whaddya mean?
To clarify, I wouldn't go near these idiots and I didn't vote for Hilghazi.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Glad I saw this before ordering some mags.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm glad to help.
I figured I'd put this in the Build forum as I'm almost done building my 2nd AR Pistol, a 300 Blackout, and this part of the build went screwy, and to worn others who may not have had the misfortune of dealing with Botach.
Not only do they bait & switch, but so far they want me to pay to return their F/U. Talk about Big Ones.

Oh, in their first response regarding the FailZero name not being on the bolt carrier, they wrote this:
"Unfortunately, we are unaware of any stamps on the product and only ship them as received directly from the manufacturer. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I forgot to mention this to FailZero.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks for bringing me back to my senses. I was about to order that bolt. I'll go to Primary Arms.
View Quote

Received the FailZero BCG Full Auto from Primary Arms last week. Good to go. I purchase many items from them. Always a good experience with excellent customer support, including quick email response times.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, the way it was worded made it sound the other way around.

Primary Arms is awesome!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#23]
How's the staking look on your actual FZ carrier?

Seems they've been hit or miss lately
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sorry, the way it was worded made it sound the other way around.

Primary Arms is awesome!
View Quote

I hear ya. No problem
I figured the statement was so insane, and with the added emoticon, the sarcasm was there to see.
But that's why I clarified what I meant.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:15:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I hear ya. No problem
I figured the statement was so insane, and with the added emoticon, the sarcasm was there to see.
But that's why I clarified what I meant.
View Quote

Lol....yeah, you never know around here though.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How's the staking look on your actual FZ carrier?

Seems they've been hit or miss lately
View Quote

Here's an image I just took. Whaddya think?

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lol....yeah, you never know around here though.
View Quote

I'm not here long, but I get what your say'n
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So many warning about that vendor yet you still ordered? And you're surprised they fucked you over?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Yep, I realize that.
Because of their purposeful bait & switch, they've wasted hours of my time and have delayed my build.
A bunch of MF'ers, to put it lightly.
The only good thing to come of this is to let others be aware of these sbags, so that other potential victims don't waste their valuable time with this bs.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yep, I realize that.
Because of their purposeful bait & switch, they've wasted hours of my time and have delayed my build.
A bunch of MF'ers, to put it lightly.
The only good thing to come of this is to let others be aware of these sbags, so that other potential victims don't waste their valuable time with this bs.
View Quote

I will be happy to send you a few tootise rolls and a picture of a really hot chick naked if you will stop bitching!

LOL

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Not Tech, more applicable in G.D.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top