Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2016 6:51:38 PM EDT
Trying to decide which of the two I should buy.
The NiB is attractive but the Bravo Company has
a seriously strong product and reputation.
Which of the two would you recommend?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Of the two you listed?  Bravo.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd choose the BCM every time.  I have two and am pleased with them.  Not sure I really see a lot of value in NiB.  I think that's basically what my ALG ACT in my 12.5' is coated in.  Makes the trigger a little better, but since I can't feel the BCG when shooting, it just doesn't matter to me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I've not yet seen a NIB BCM BCG???   I own a phosphate and 2 ion bond FDE ones...............
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like my FailZero, but I'm kind of paranoid of it flaking, even though it hasn't. The clean up is nice, but I run my BCGs fairly wet at the range, so even my regular BCGs aren't that hard to clean.

I have NiB, nitride and NP3, but since I've read more about them I've onlt bought phosphate, Daniel Defense in particular.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've not yet seen a NIB BCM BCG???   I own a phosphate and 2 ion bond FDE ones...............
View Quote

Bravo doesn't offer NiB.  
Is the Bravo smooth cycling ?

I've shot a few ARs with the Fail Zero and I can tell
you first hand they are super smooth when cycling
and vey reliable.

I've just got it in my head to consider the BCM. The many 100's of reviews
are near 100%.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I've never had a problem with a quality phosphate carrier. With that said the ion bond carriers are very smooth .  I just don't see nib unless it's for picture guns like most here, they quickly stain and discolor so what's the purpose?  I'm not an anal clean my shit after every round so I opt out on the nib carriers.  The RCA nitride are about as good as it gets and RRA makes a nice hard chrome if that's the color scheme your after
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:05:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the same boat. I'm unfamiliar with Fail Zero, but my BA Hanson barrel has a Fail Zero NiB coated barrel extension and I thought a FZ bcg would match well. However, my tendencies are to go with BCM as I know they work.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't have any experience with the Fail Zero BCG.  I do have a few BCM BCG's, Toolcraft phosphate and Cryptic Coatings Toolcraft (Mystic Bronze and Mystic Black) BCG's.  

From my experience the BCM BCG is a proven product but in my opinion highly over priced at the moment.  Heck, the last BCM BCG I received had the worst machining I have ever seen in a BCM product (not bad enough to return (sure they would have exchanged it if I had asked since their customer service is top notch) but not as nice as my older BCM BCG's).  This doesn't effect function at all (reason i didn't ask for an exchange) but is it worth paying premium for?  Please don't get me wrong, I run and depend on BCM uppers and products so not bashing at all.

The Toolcraft BCG's (phosphate) are just as good and $60.00 cheaper if looking at phosphate BCG's..  I would even check out the BCG's available from AIM.    

As far as coated BCG's, there are differing opinions all over the board on that one - it seems to be a love/hate thing.  I have been running a pair of BCG's from Cryptic Coatings for the last year and these are the finest BCG's I have ever used.  The coating is super slick, they clean easily, staking is good, HPT/MPI tested and have held up very well for me.  They are very nice BCG's but they do cost more.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the fail zero in a new build, and so far so good.  If it holds up well I may buy them for all of my rifles in the future.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#10]
FZ for the win
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well I've never had a problem with a quality phosphate carrier. With that said the ion bond carriers are very smooth .  I just don't see nib unless it's for picture guns like most here, they quickly stain and discolor so what's the purpose?  I'm not an anal clean my shit after every round so I opt out on the nib carriers.  The RCA nitride are about as good as it gets and RRA makes a nice hard chrome if that's the color scheme your after
View Quote

Good point but I have no interest in photo ops.
I also looked at the Aero phosphate chrome lined
BCG. The specs are about the same as the Bravo. Price is $125.00
I have an Aero M4E1 upper. Maybe I should Just buy on the Aero?
Toolcraft looks good to. Now available with a Nitride finish. I like
the specs. Very similar to Bravo and at a very fair price. Anyone have a
Toolcraft BCG in there AR?

Watta ya think?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Watta ya think?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watta ya think?

My brother is running three AP BCG's and they have been flawless and come up on sell every other week for $109.  Toolcraft are excellent and highly regarded around here and a nitride carrier is titts
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My brother is running three AP BCG's and they have been flawless and come up on sell every other week for $109.  Toolcraft are excellent and highly regarded around here and a nitride carrier is titts
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watta ya think?

I'm wondering if the new Nitride finished Toolcraft has all the same features as the
higher priced finished BCGs? I sent an email to them to find out for sure. I'll order if they are the same.
Better deal than the Bravo with the same features.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 5:19:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I've had a couple BCMs, a Failzero, and a phosphate Toolcraft and a Toolcraft NiB done by FZ.

I'd take the BCM if $ had nothing to do with it. I got my Toolcrafts and Failzero for $100 each. Quality just as good IMO.

The Toolcraft NiB is my favorite BCG but the nitride would do you just fine.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I finally made a decision after enough time spent doing research. I bought a Fail Zero NiB from DeltaTeamTactical. It will ship tomorrow.
I hope to have it in hand on Wednesday.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top