Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2016 5:03:38 PM EDT
Local shop has a bunch on hand, $75.00 a pop. I normally use PSA or Spikes lowers for my builds but I'm down to 1 each and want to grab a couple extra real quick.

I won't buy Andersons, I've used 2 for friends builds the past couple years and had to file everything to get them to fit to the PSA uppers we used on those builds.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I used one of their reaper lowers on a pistol build an it went together fine
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used one of their reaper lowers on a pistol build an it went together fine
View Quote

Danke. from doing some quick Google work they appear to be made by Aero Precision, same quality as the PSA or Spikes I'm used to. I used a couple of my stash lowers recently hoping for PSA to get some more in and at $90 bucks a pop right now for a blem it ain't worth it if I can get these at $75 a pop realtime
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The standard SSA receivers are made by Aero Precision (I believe Spikes' are too), not sure about their billet pieces though.

Other than the gaudy logo, they are GTG.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Did three...
Daughter and Son in law. And Son.

They all  love their carbines
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The standard SSA receivers are made by Aero Precision (I believe Spikes' are too), not sure about their billet pieces though.

View Quote

They have a no logo that's nice.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#6]
SAA is about 10 minutes from my house, I've built around 5 of their lowers paired with a mix of SAA or Aero Precision (also nearby) uppers using random parts kits ranging from dpms to giessele. No problems with any of them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

The ones in stock have this loge

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server300/b7687/products/2735/images/13213/SAA_Reticle_Stripped_Lower_Receiver_x1s__87082.1459466180.500.659.jpg?c=2

No worse than my Spikes dueling penis lowers

I'll snag a couple for spares then. I like keeping 3-4 stripped lowers in the safe and I built a couple AR's the past 2 months for resale if the hag wins,

Danke gents
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#8]
If SAA is Superior Arms, then I've used them a couple times and had no issues with them.  The roll marks aren't as deep as some other lowers, but they meet federal requirements.  I've also had some mags stick and not want to drop free on a couple of them, I guess the magwells were on the tight end of spec.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#9]
SAA Is surplus arms and ammo in Tacoma, WA
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SAA Is surplus arms and ammo in Tacoma, WA
View Quote

And Aero Precision's facility is 4 blocks away heading west, from SAAs current retail location.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#11]
SAA are gtg and made by Aero.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

My first build was SSA  with Grim Reaper roll marks.
Just as good as ant other...

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server300/b7687/products/2735/images/13213/SAA_Reticle_Stripped_Lower_Receiver_x1s__87082.1459466180.500.659.jpg?c=2

I'll snag a couple for spares then. I like keeping 3-4 stripped lowers in the safe and I built a couple AR's the past 2 months for resale if the hag wins,

Danke gents
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Danke gents

Yeah, their lower rollmarks are fine, but some of their uppers have a bright white SSA etched on them that looks terrible.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Point Blank West has MAG Tactical, SAA, and Anderson lowers in stock right now. I have bought 6 Andersons and 1 Spikes and have not had a problem.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#16]
My SAA lower is very clearly a different casting than my Aero lower.  It's a lot rougher along the radius at the casting line at the back of the area between the buffer tube & pistol grip.  Aside from that one area though, the SAA lower appears to be equivalent in quality to my Aero lower.  All of the important areas look well machined.  The powdercoating looks exceptional, just like on the Aero.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:33:39 AM EDT
[#17]
My two SAA lowers were clearly Aero made.  Fire control pictograms were identical, as was the font the company name / informastion was engraved in
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure that they all start out as Mega Machine billets to boot.

I have both, marked respectively, and a SNS lower that began as a MM. No fitment issues at all, save one of Aero's I bought 6 years ago or so, P-Mags were a very tight fit, (IIRC they had a bad run, but they OWNED it). Aero sent out a replacement to the FFL and I swapped it out, no worries.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Your SAA lower is NOT "cast."  They're forgings that are CNC milled to final specs.  Further, Aero's bread-and-butter receivers are forged, not billet.  Aero makes lowers and uppers for a number of vendors, Surplus Ammo and Arms being just one.  I have one SAA lower, and it's every bit as well finished as my Aero lowers are.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Your SAA lower is NOT "cast."  They're forgings that are CNC milled to final specs.
View Quote
Correct.  I misspoke above.  That said, my SAA and Aero lowers are still very clearly not the same, and it's quite obvious in the area between the buffer tube and the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used one of those for my last build. It's a nice lower.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top