Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2016 12:34:11 AM EDT
Well I posted a couple of weeks ago about a ring light that I purchase off ebay for about $20.00.  It has 160 LED's in it, with an intensity adjustment and an on/off switch, plugs into 110v, I didn't want to have to run a separate transformer or battery charger while I am milling.

The only thing I had to do to it, was cut off the thin ring on the back that attaches to a camera lens or a stereo microscope lens and glue 4 rare earth magnets on it, fits around the spindle of my Grizzly X2 type mill and puts out quite a bit of light, I was surprised.

I am going to try to post pictures, so if it works, I will be happy!

</a>image upload no limit" />

screen shot windows

</a>image hosting free" />
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice light. I've been looking for something similar for my drill press, are there more available? do you have a link by chance if there are.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice light. I've been looking for something similar for my drill press, are there more available? do you have a link by chance if there are.
View Quote

There are lots of them on ebay, which is where I got mine, I goofed, I guess it is a 144 led light not a 160.

If you do a search on ebay for 144 led ring light it will bring up hundreds of listings of the various lights that companies are selling, I just purchase the least expensive one that had free shipping and was located in the US and this is what I got.

I am quite pleased with it, works quite well, as long as you have a way to mount around your spindle, then it will be GTG for you.  Like I said, I used rare earth magnets.  One thing to be aware of with magnets, be careful how you mount them, if you use a hot glue gun you run the risk of demagnetizing them.  What I ended up doing, was using hot glue on some old normal button magnets and then use the rare earth magnets between them and the mill head.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool thanks, I'll check them out.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top