Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2016 8:46:19 PM EDT
Im installing my 2nd BCM extended A2. The crush washers that came with both will not crush. The 1st I just tried a different washer and it crushed no problem. I have 2 other washers and they wont crush either. I know the original A1 FH were 22ftlbs. Both ext fh need more than 90deg to time and im afraid of stripping something. Both barrels are Colt SOCOM same 4/16 build date. Im using a rod that is inserted into the lugs on the barrel extension. I dont want to twist the barrel.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I always use DPMS brand crush washers because they crush soooooooo much easier than the crush washers that come with comps and flash hiders.  I don't know if there is a such thing as a "mil-spec" crush washer but I have no idea why manufacturers use crush washers that are that damn hard to crush.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#2]
ok thanks I should be able to get them from my local gun shop. all there ar stuff is dpms.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Get some of > these < and be done with the problems associated with standard crush washers.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get some of > these < and be done with the problems associated with standard crush washers.
View Quote

I saw where you posted about these in another thread.  I ordered some because they seemed like a good idea. Should be here this week.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

ordered thanks
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad I could help guys.

I really didn't like the hit or miss quality of standard crush washers at all. So I'm pretty happy I found out about these "crush washers that actually work" from Armageddon Tactical.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top