Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2016 9:54:26 PM EDT
Throwing together a budget upper, anybody run one of the guntec rails?  Other budget ones?  Need free float, prefer slim mlok

Edit:   Looking in $100 range, would like slim rail with full length top rail, watching EE also ??
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a 4" Keymod on my 9mm ar and I love it.  Locks up solid and works great with the hand stop.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
How budget are we talking about?
Magpul budget? Or $150 or less? Cause I think aero presicion is having a sale on their rails for about $100 w barrel nut I think.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:03:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How budget are we talking about?
Magpul budget? Or $150 or less? Cause I think aero presicion is having a sale on their rails for about $100 w barrel nut I think.
View Quote

They have a great sale on the blem Quantum rails but Aero rail are not slim.  Schuyler has a 15in keymod with barrel nut for $80.

ALG would most likely be your best bet for low cost, quality and slim.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:10:54 PM EDT
[#4]
the UTG Pro is really nice surprisingly for a thin rail.  The ALG is nice as well. It is not as thin as the UTG PRO.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:11:22 PM EDT
[#5]
ALG EMR

/thread
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:30:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got the UTG Pro 15" M-lock. Seems like a really nice hand guard for the money. Easy install. You couldn't go wrong with it, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:47:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the input so far!  I do have an ALG, still undecided on it
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#8]
If you are after a very slim rail with full 1913 rail along the top at a good price, I would suggest Matrix Arms.   I've run them on a few builds and have been VERY impressed.  And they are some of the best priced rails out there -- and i can assure you the quality is top notch.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got a 7 inch Matrix Arms keymod rail on my pistol that I got from Chandler Hardwoods for $50, including shipping (about $11 for shipping.)

I'm VERY happy with it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Primary Arms has the Seekins rails on sale now for $99.  Otherwise I would have suggested the UTG Pro or the ALG by order of $ only.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Faxon's rails are reasonably priced
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#12]
UTG super slim handguards have worked great for me. The 13 inch I bought was just under $100 shipped.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Throwing together a budget upper, anybody run one of the guntec rails?  Other budget ones?  Need free float, prefer slim mlok

Edit:   Looking in $100 range, would like slim rail with full length top rail, watching EE also ??
View Quote

If you're main priority is budget, you can't beat this for $86. I would go with an ALG personally.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're undecided on the ALG rail you have or what to get for the build? If you're not satisfied with the ALG rail, you won't like the cheaper rails mentioned here.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#15]
The Seekins/Primary Arms is nice.  Kind of a fatty (wide), but not heavy.   On Sale Now at Primary Arms for $99.95
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You're undecided on the ALG rail you have or what to get for the build? If you're not satisfied with the ALG rail, you won't like the cheaper rails mentioned here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ALG price has been creeping up
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Not sure if I like the round rail without the Picatinny down the top mostly a visual thing
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:02:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Another vote for ALG...absolutely love mine!

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:12:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you're main priority is budget, you can't beat this for $86. I would go with an ALG personally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guntec rail, see the part number.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#20]
The Seekins rail at Primary Arms are great. Or the UTG Pro Slim rail have also been great. I use them both and actually prefer the UTG because of the ease of installation!
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Another vote for the Matrix rails from Chandler Hardwood.  Got a 13" for $59 and it was great.

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Matrix is good for the money. It is super thin though. Kak gas blocks have adequate clearance. Gas blocks like an aimsurplus do not.

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I am planning on a UTG Pro for mine.

$100 for a midlength in FDE
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#24]
primary arms is selling their seekins/primary arms rails for $99. pretty fucking hard to beat for seekins quality.......

http://www.primaryarms.com/sppakm15/p/sppakm15/

---other lengths also $99
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't suggesting it was an ALG rail, if that's what you're eluding to. The period at the end of the sentence right after the price completed that thought, then I started a new sentence with a new thought.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought a Guntec rail...it's inexpensive, but it's the worst rail I ever bought in terms of installing.  No instructions (not hard to figure out) and tightening it was a PITA.  I wouldn't recommend them or buy another one when there are better options for not much more money.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Price vs Quality its pretty hard to beat ALG. Ive heard good things about the Faxon rails but have not personally laid hands on one
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#28]
You cannot beat the quality, price, and low weight of the Seekins/Primary Arms Handguards on sale this Holiday weekend.

Primary Arms

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#29]
I've built three using the gun tech rail . The first one was a little difficult getting everything timed but the 2nd two went on well.
my build
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top