Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2016 10:42:16 PM EDT
Hey guys! Simple kind of build here. Well, kind of half build and half "what direction should I go with this build?" kind of a build.

Lower:
Spike's Crusader lower
Magpul K2 grip
CMMG LPK with an unknown trigger group (I polished the surfaces)
Shockwave tube, blade, and buffer/spring - Coming soon

As she sits:

Upper:
PSA 11.5 inch melonite pistol upper W/ A2 front sight post - Coming soon
Primary Arms advanced micro red dot?

My questions to you guys are, for a cheap but reliable red dot, would you guys recommend a PA advanced micro red dot?
What fixed rear iron sight would you recommend? Primarily going for aesthetics on the rear BUIS.
Any ideas on how to attach a WML without going quad rail? Should I just go quad rail?
Any ideas on really good looking free-float tubes?

Previous Bushmaster pseudo-build:
XM E2S upper and lower W/ 16 inch barrel
15 inch Troy Alpha
Shaved FSB for gas block
Streamlight TRL-1 HPL
Aimpoint Pro
A2 grip with finger groove removed

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 3:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I hear, the PA dot is good to go. As for rails, I like: ALG, Faxon and Aero Precision.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the Yankee Hill Machine BUIS, The model # 9680 has worked well for me on a couple builds. Their FF rails are awesome too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yankee-Hill-Machine-YHM-9680-rear-sight-/331755248859?hash=item4d3e275cdb:g:itQAAOSwd0BV40FV

I have a Vortex Strikefire  (red dot only) on this build. It has held up really well, I think it was around 100.00

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I hear, the PA dot is good to go. As for rails, I like: ALG, Faxon and Aero Precision.
View Quote

I like the PA red dots on pistols.

Works on rifles too.

The FFIII ain't half bad either.

But I also like good ol A2 style fixed sights.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
As of now i'm waiting on parts to come in. I found this in stock and picked that up. Should be here 5/24. The shockwave blade kit will be here 5/19. I also ordered a regular A2 rear sight that should be here on 5/19 as well. Hopefully I can find a good deal on one of the PA advanced micros here pretty soon!
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:26:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As of now i'm waiting on parts to come in. I found this in stock and picked that up. Should be here 5/24. The shockwave blade kit will be here 5/19. I also ordered a regular A2 rear sight that should be here on 5/19 as well. Hopefully I can find a good deal on one of the PA advanced micros here pretty soon!
View Quote

Site vendor Schuyler Arms is probably one of the better places to buy the PA MD-ADS when they're in stock (OOS at the moment)...$159 with free mount from what I remember.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But I also like good ol A2 style fixed sights.
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af357/ligaf2000/Mobile%20Uploads/20160517_204753_zpszjrj8r33.jpg

Picked up this rear sight! Should be here tomorrow!
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the tip! Amazon has them in stock as well! I will pick one of these up next week!

The KAK Shockwave blade has arrived!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Updated with the KAK Shockwave pistol brace, rear sight, and PSA 11.5 nitride pistol upper.

I think that I will end up getting an SLR Solo 11 inch hand guard for it. Does anyone have any pictures of an 11 inch rail on a 11.5 barrel?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top