Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2016 12:28:29 AM EDT
I am completing my first custom build. I installed the Geissele Super Gas Block .750 and the handguard is a Mega Arms Wedge Lock. The gas block is firmly touching the handguard on the bottom. Does anyone know which gas block will provide good clearance? I emailed Mega Arms to see if the know which brands fit. On the phone they just said low profile which seems to mean different things to different companies.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#1]
You probably just need a simple set screw gas block; one that doesn't have a provision for a cross pin. I have a SBG as well and it does seem to be a little bulkier on the bottom than other gas blocks I've used.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:50:27 AM EDT
[#2]
check out the steel YHM low pro gas block(set screw)...
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
The Geissele block is wider at the base. BCM has some smaller options.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Depending on how much its touching, why not file it down and cold blue ?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I use MI handguards and the only GB I have found that does not need the bottom thinned down is the TROY lo-pro GB.  All the other LP GB I have used, including MI's, need .050 to .075 taken off the bottom and the set screws need dressing down also, don't forget about them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depending on how much its touching, why not file it down and cold blue ?
View Quote

This is one situation where guns and Dremel tools can go together nicely.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top