BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2016 6:28:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the video, and the link to slr rifleworks and their dimpling jigs!! Will see a lot of use around my house.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
nice video, wish it was around a year or two ago. i thought about the slr jig but went with the rainier arms one instead. i did like that it would do  two different size gas block holes but it just looked cheap compared to the rainier one, guess i was wrong.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:17:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice job on that video!
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice video.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice job on that video!
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for posting useful Video.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice!
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 3:05:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Professional looking video. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Professional looking video. Thanks for sharing.
View Quote

No problem..glad you liked it!
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:58:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Great video.  wished I watched it an hour ago. Was debating if I should get the clamp on SLR or the set screw for a new barrel.  I looked at the jig, but just the thought of drilling into the barrel freaked me out.  

Your video makes it look easy.  The alignment set screw that goes into the port befor drilling  makes an easy job of it. My fear of misalignment was ill found.

Thanks again for posting, I am sure others will benefit, while I try to make sure I get my clamp on block correctly aligned.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 12:26:58 AM EDT
[#11]
It's really a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.  But doesn't hurt i guess.  Just mount your gas block with said set screws.  The srews will leave positive marks where to dimple the barrel.  Simple.  

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Great video.  wished I watched it an hour ago. Was debating if I should get the clamp on SLR or the set screw for a new barrel.  I looked at the jig, but just the thought of drilling into the barrel freaked me out.  

Your video makes it look easy.  The alignment set screw that goes into the port befor drilling  makes an easy job of it. My fear of misalignment was ill found.

Thanks again for posting, I am sure others will benefit, while I try to make sure I get my clamp on block correctly aligned.
View Quote

Glad you liked it bud!
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#13]
This is the correct solution to a minor issue.  

I like the way the video was presented.  Very informative without the B.S.

$33 delivered................... uh................... no.  I'll wait for a sale.  There are cheaper alternatives out there.  But not as permanent & repeatable as this one is.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is the correct solution to a minor issue.  

I like the way the video was presented.  Very informative without the B.S.

$33 delivered................... uh................... no.  I'll wait for a sale.  There are cheaper alternatives out there.  But not as permanent & repeatable as this one is.

Thank you.
View Quote

No problem.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#15]
my smith says dimpling barrels is bad juju. i asked and he declined. YMMV!

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

If dimpling a barrel is "bad juju" what the fuck would cutting tapered grooves for taper pins do to a barrel? Certainly did not hurt my Armalite National Match barrel accuracy wise in any way.

Methinks yer "smith" just might be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If dimpling a barrel is "bad juju" what the fuck would cutting tapered grooves for taper pins do to a barrel? Certainly did not hurt my Armalite National Match barrel accuracy wise in any way.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

whats the perpose of it?
/methinks your wrong

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#18]
A gunsmith with all the necessary equipment would not bother with dimpling.  It is really only useful for locating a gas block, so the smith would use his fancy equipment to locate the block and not need to dimple.

We lesser beings (who lack a large machine shop setup) can make our own lives easier with a dimpling jig.  It takes the guesswork out of alignment.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 1:15:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Great video and tutorial!
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Great video and tutorial!
View Quote

Glad you liked it!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top