Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 5:35:59 PM EDT
Their 300 BO kits are $399 right now. At that price, and given that I've wanted a 300 for a while, I'm gonna jump unless you all can tell me they're complete BS.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#1]
More information needed...

Do you have a link to what your looking at?

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Got one on the way. Ordered two 5.56 about a month ago and put one together so far. So far so good! That price is tough to beat!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Kit

This is the one. Ordered this AM.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#4]
did you receive your kit?  if so how was the quality?  The fact CDNN did not list the component source or country of origin was a bit of a red flag to me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Put two together last Friday night and Saturday morning.  The only problems I ran into were a couple of the take down pins needed polishing a bit. Put them on Anderson lowers and ran about 50 rounds through them. So far so good. Looking to give them a better workout when I get time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Not a whole lot of info, interested to hear how they perform over time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Were there any markings on any of the parts?  Barrel, bolt carrier group and upper receiver would be helpful if marked. Lower parts kits looks to be a DPMS in picture is that what you received?  Thanks, donald.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Put two together last Friday night and Saturday morning.  The only problems I ran into were a couple of the take down pins needed polishing a bit. Put them on Anderson lowers and ran about 50 rounds through them. So far so good. Looking to give them a better workout when I get time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#8]
No markings on mine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Kit looks very good. I'll look for markings tonight and post a pic of her built.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I am happy with it. FCG pins were somewhat loose (could push them in without a punch). Pics:

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks just like mine, though the pins were super tight.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#12]
The family grows. All the same kit.

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Were they dpms lpks like pictured? Those triggers look SS. Anderson?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I think DPMS. The triggers aren't black.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think DPMS. The triggers aren't black.
View Quote

Anderson makes cheap lpks with SS triggers. How was the LPK packaged? They clearly show a dpms LPK in a branded clam shell package on the web sight.
Check the depth of your buffer tube. I have bought Chinese/Taiwanese stocks with a buffer tube deeper than 7" and it allowed the gas key to strike the receiver. Mine came from sportsman's guide, but I think cdnn sells a lot of junk like that. Now I check the tube depth on all buffer tubes before assembling and shooting.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#16]
LPK look to be put together by CDNN as the parts are loosely packed in three small zip lock bags in a larger larger zip bag with the pistol grip.  The hammer is something I've never seen before, it's cut off on the back side and has a saw tooth appearance, the trigger and hammer both look to be chrome plated, give the appearance of Stainless Steal but I don't believe it's SS.  Even though I'd say the LPK is most likely of very inexpensive sources the trigger pull itself is not at all bad.  Have not live fired the completed rifle yet, Barrel is acid etched 300 BO, no indication of maker, upper has a Key hole forge mark, no other indication of maker, Butt stock seems a bit tight but is of questionable quality, buffer is plastic and loud as the weights are so loose they sound like they are rattling around inside of the buffer.  Bolt is MPI marked but no other indication of manufacture, bolt and carrier have a glossy appearance, possible it's nitride but I suspect their just blued.  Shooting will tell if the finish wears thin quickly.  For the price it's what I expected but the DPMS parts kit in the picture is total BS.

Edit, I should add I purchased the CDNN kit based on reviews here even thought there was a decided lack of clear information. In no way am I disappointed by what I received, it is exactly what one should expect for the price point, as long as it functions it's make a fine truck gun and/or starting point for project gun.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I bought one of these CDNN kits a few weeks ago. Cost $399.95 plus $10 for shipping. Came in three days by FedEx. Kit was packaged nice in the included soft case. The Upper was assembled with the bcg and handle installed. Upper looked good, seemed to be well assembled. Barrel was just marked 556 and 1/7. No markings on upper or quadrail handguard. Only MPI marking on Bolt. The LPK came from a Company here in Melbourne Florida called Tactical Superiority. The.LPK came in color coded plastic bags. There was a card with a list of parts in each bag, nice. There was a phone number to call if any parts were missing or lost. I did a quick trigger job on the Hammer and Trigger by polishing out the tool marks. The LPK went into my Anderson Lower with no problems. The Carbine Stock assembly came in a seperate bag and was unmarked. The completed Rifle shot well at the Range. I am happy with this my first AR-15. I like that the kit included a nice case and decent magazine.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:25:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I have to say that I am very pleased with my first AR-15 I built from an Anderson Receiver and CDNN Rifle Kit. I have put about 200 rounds through it with no problems at all. The only problem I have had was a split seam on the Rifle case that my Wife fixed.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top